"To be against America or Americans."
What exactly does that mean? To be against America. In what aspect?
I live here, I was born here, I pay taxes. I don't plan to move. I like it here.
Since I live here and I like it here, would you consider me pro-American?
Educated Person: Look up what communism means before you start going off blindly.
2) Those who have been labeled anti-American for disagreeing with the policies of the government and the President. (At the risk of sounding partisan, Michael Moore. I think he really does love the U.S.)
2) Just because you love America doesn't mean you can't be ashamed of it.
This stance is commonly mistaken (largely by the idiots in charge of US foreign policy) as being "anti-American"; however, just as it is quite reasonable to hate Justin Timberlake and still love music, it is easy to see how one may dissociate the US government and the American people - especially since the former was not even elected by the latter.
A minority here actually ARE anti-American as a result of US foreign policy, but they are ill-educated buffoons, and can be disregarded.
Ignorant American: "Shut the fuck up you black-welfare-recipient-liberal-pinko-commie-anarcho-Kim Jong Hugo Fidel Chavez Ahmadinejad-loving-anti-American-fag-loving-queer. The surge is working and we had to fight this war because the terrists are taking of the world because they hate us for our freedumb. You're probably an Obama-loving socialist you fucking hippie. Get a haircut and get a job, terrorist-hugger. You just want America to lose because you hate everything American and hate democracy. Why do you hate freedom?"
Intelligent American: "Nothing about the hijacking of this country by the corporate and bureaucratic elite and bloodthirsty profitering war-mongerers is about 'freedom' or 'democracy'. This is about sacrificing American lives for profit and power. Anyone who sits by and lets this country be hijacked by soulless suits and cheers them on as they bury this country in death tolls, debt and ruin is not a patriot. They're a fucking ultranationalist retard who worships national authority figures and has no concern for the country or their fellow citizens and neighbors. If you support wars so much why don't you enlist in the Army and go fight the war you support so much you fatass, armchair coward?"
Ignorant American: "Uh, I'm doing my job here in the homeland frontline....from my home computer.....uh...SHUT UP YOU FUCKING COMMIE BASTARD!"
Intelligent American: "Go sign up so you fight on the frontline in Iraq or Afghanistan. They need more soldiers for the surge. And pay for this damn war with your own damn money instead of using my tax dollars to do it, you fugging Neanderthal."
2. From the viewpoint of a Ultra-Conservative American, an Anti-American is one who does not agree with the policies of the Bush Administration.
1. Anti-American: "You people have no culture! You're based on senseless bloodshed for 300 years! You go over to Iraq for oil so you can consume, just like you to your McDonald's hamburgers. You don't know culture if it hit you. You take from every other culture and call it your own! You had 9/11 coming to you. Such an inferior culture deserves an action against them."
Average American: "Last time I checked, many European countries took over continents and killed off civilizations and tribes, including tribes in Africa and the Mayans and Aztecs in South America. You all took over areas in Africa and South America, India, and China and called it your own. We are the result of your European Imperialism. Now, even though we shouldn't be in Iraq, it's safe to say that what we have done is very mild to what many European countries have done already in the past."
2. Anti-American: "Your country is alright, but Bush needs to get out of office. Also, maybe America should pull out Iraq, it's not solving anything."
Ultra-Conservative American: "Shut the hell up, you French snotty-nosed bastard! We are the world's best country and don't you forget it! USA! USA!"