1. From the viewpoint of a true Average American, an Anti-American is one who hates absolutely everything about the country. The people, the culture, the government, everything. Usually hates Americans who've never hated different cultures and/or countries in the first place.
2. From the viewpoint of a Ultra-Conservative American, an Anti-American is one who does not agree with the policies of the Bush Administration.
1. Anti-American: "You people have no culture! You're based on senseless bloodshed for 300 years! You go over to Iraq for oil so you can consume, just like you to your McDonald's hamburgers. You don't know culture if it hit you. You take from every other culture and call it your own! You had 9/11 coming to you. Such an inferior culture deserves an action against them."
Average American: "Last time I checked, many European countries took over continents and killed off civilizations and tribes, including tribes in Africa and the Mayans and Aztecs in South America. You all took over areas in Africa and South America, India, and China and called it your own. We are the result of your European Imperialism. Now, even though we shouldn't be in Iraq, it's safe to say that what we have done is very mild to what many European countries have done already in the past."
2. Anti-American: "Your country is alright, but Bush needs to get out of office. Also, maybe America should pull out Iraq, it's not solving anything."
Ultra-Conservative American: "Shut the hell up, you French snotty-nosed bastard! We are the world's best country and don't you forget it! USA! USA!"
tradesmen defined anti-american as:
"To be against America or Americans."
What exactly does that mean? To be against America. In what aspect?
I live here, I was born here, I pay taxes. I don't plan to move. I like it here.
Since I live here and I like it here, would you consider me pro-American?
Tool: You anti-American liberals are commies.
Educated Person: Look up what communism means before you start going off blindly.
In the UK, an anti-American is one whose outlook is generally opposed to US foreign policy, but who is not stupid enough to despise Americans as a consequence.
This stance is commonly mistaken (largely by the idiots in charge of US foreign policy) as being "anti-American"; however, just as it is quite reasonable to hate Justin Timberlake and still love music, it is easy to see how one may dissociate the US government and the American people - especially since the former was not even elected by the latter.
A minority here actually ARE anti-American as a result of US foreign policy, but they are ill-educated buffoons, and can be disregarded.
That Bush - what a total wanker. My mate Bill from Seattle agrees with me completely. Call me anti-American if you must...
A derogatory term for an anti-American Canadian.
The Canadians in Montreal who attacked the bus full of American pee wee hockey players are snowniggers.
1. A foriegner, who never has and never will visit America, but still likes to crack on American's because no one's around to kick there ass for it. (Castro, The French, etc...)
President Bush: "They are no longer french fries, from now on we'll call em' freedom fries!"
Vice-President Cheney: "That's what they get those frog-eating anti-american pussies!"
one who is against America and the American people - nowadays synonymous with 'American' (like flammable and inflammable)
that guy is an anti-American
The mother of all anti's, second only to anti-abortion. A rhetorical handgrenade thrown at anyone who questions/critisizes the state, or who otherwise fulfills democracy. Aslo known as intellectuals, academics, the French, Democrats, left-wingers, activists, thinkers, the ROW, and...well....pretty much anyone who has the mental capacity to think for themselves.
While 69% of Americans believed Saddam was directly connected to 9/11, the other 31% was scoffed at for being "anti-American"