2. The reason why girls, generally around the ages of 11-19, will overuse the words "kawaii," "baka," and "kakkoi," at completely irrelevent times in American conversation.
3. A form of art that is hated by critics for being too commericial; which, in fact, was the whole point of developing anime(to sell it, and stuff).
4. Chock full of fanservice that you can't get out of politically correct American 'toons made after 1950.
5. (adj.) Referring to an action that would likely be seen in a Japanese cartoon.
2. Kelly had recently purchased a tape of anime, and has now mutated into a cosplaying freak.
3. The kids at school hated Johnny because he drew anime.
4. That anime was nothing but boobs and tenticles. I'm creeped.
5. The way she fell, it was, like, SO anime! Lol.
The Glory of Wing Zero Custom
Seita and Setsuko from Grave of the Fireflies
Kamogawa Asumi from Futatsu no Spica
A picture of InuYasha (or two of him, anyway). The left is in 'manga' (or anime books) form, and the one on the right is plain 'anime', or the television form. (InuYasha (c) Rumiko Takahashi)
The word 'anime' is based on the original japanese pronunciation of the american word 'animation.'
The stereotype of the anime style are characters with proportionally large eyes and hair styles and colors that are very colorful and exotic. The plots range from very immature (kiddy stuff), through teenage level, to mature (violence, content, thick plot). The classification of 'hentai' is given to animes of a stong sexual nature.
Although over 95% of anime has nothing perverted about it, most closed-minded idiots think anime is always a form of pronography.
2. Yet another thing that americans managed to completely fuck up, resulting in poor translations, unnecessary censorship, horrible dubbing, and people who don't know any better hating Japan for it.
If you came here to see me call anime:
cartoon porn which is hentai, wannabe white person cartoons, or a nerds favorite hobby, then just give me the thumbs down already because my definition is precise.
Anime is a form of Japanese cartooning which either televised or on DVD or video. The comic books are called manga. Yes, there is a very big difference. If you walk into Borders/Barnes and Noble/etc. and ask for Anime, you will be sent to the DVD section. Shojo is a girl's type of anime (stories of love, achieving dreams and the type) while shonen is the boys type (wars, samuri, card battles etc.)Usually anime is much deeper than the average American cartoons. It can be funny, tragic, romantic, adventurous, sci fi and more. Stereotypical ideas: Nerds and geeks are not the only people who like anime. Not all aniime has the big twinkly eyes and extremely out of proportioned heads. It is NOT porn. See hentai. It is NOT only for kids.
person2(urban dictionary user) "it's not porn I swear."
person1 "I didn't say anything about that"
person2 "Oh yeah... NOT PORN"