Anarchism is possibly the most misunderstood political philosophy ever.
Anarchy can work, and HAS worked, but right now probably wouldn't work with the state the world is in right now (drugs, gangs, civil wars, etc.)
Anarchy is not chaos, as laws are uneccessary anyway, even when there is a government to enforce them. As Ammon Hennacy said, "Oh, judge, your damn laws, the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them, so what good are they?" Like I said before, if anarchy were to happen right now chaos would probably ensue, but this largely due to how fucked up our governments have let the world become.
Government is an unneccessary evil. The idea that people should be bound by agreements their ancestors made is absurd. I believe I am better fit to run my own life that George Bush is.
If you ever see anny dumbass in an anarchy shirt from hot topic, scribbling it in textbooks at school, I want you to ask them to explain anarchy to you. Chances are they have no fucking clue as to what they're talking about and will tell you that they want chaos so that they can blow things up and drink. Punch them in the face for me.
Anarchy would be a very bad idea to try right now. In times like these anarchism is better left as an ideal for people who do get it. It's not something worth arguing about over the internet, because anarchy is not going to happen on a large enough scale to matter in anyone's lifetime who is alive today, and if there was anarchy, there probably wouldn't be an internet for very long ;).
All my teachers want to tell me how bad an idea anarchy would be, when I already know that. They need to tell that to the idiots who listen to sexist and homophobic music such as Insane Clown Posse and wear anarchy shirts they bought from Hot Topic.
being against all authority, basicly, no laws, not something to be worn by avril posers that dont know what it is..
some..fucked person: hey friend, did you know that that A in a cirlce means avril? its her sign.. its so cool.
friend: oh yeah? cool -writes it on hand-
me: AHHH NOOOOO YOURE WRONGGG!! AHHH
A : absence of government B : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority C : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
<not manicured plots but a anarchy of nature -- Israel Shenker>
1. An idea misinterpreted by "punks" to mean chaos and a complete lack of structure in society.
2. A society with no government in which people work cooperatively to thrive. The ideal of communism. Theoretically, this is completely possible - as long as people in a society are not conditioned to crave power, everyone can work together at the same level in peace.
1. ANARCHY IS COOL!!! (probably knows nothing about the true meaning of anarchy...)
2. Anarchy, or something very close to it, exists in hunting-gathering societies. It cannot exist in today's advanced, industrial societies because people in these societies are conditioned to crave power and money. However, if we started things all over from the beginning and really tried to make a collective, anarchist system work, it could, in theory, last forever.
anarchism is the only way to respect people. It is based on self-knowledge: when you deeply know yourself and you're in contact with your nature, you have a perfect contact with other human beings and you can understand everyone's needs. Other lifestyles are offensive for human beings, cause they admit that we cannot manage our lives by ourselves but we need a chief, a boss, a head of state and so on... so we admit that we need someone to tell us what to do. It's offensive for our intelligence.
Anyway, we love to be stupid slaves so anarchy cannot work.
am i really free right now in anarchy? please tell me what i have to do right now!
1. what 12 year old middle class "punk rockers" write allover everything they own while yelling about how the "system" is getting them down and how somehow the world would be a more equal, peaceful place if everyone could go around robing and killing anyone who is weaker, while repeating the phrase " punks not dead" like some kinda mantra... then go tell their principal when they get there weed money robbed by a bigger kid.
2. what a lot of people mistake for autonomy
3. similar to communism in the sense that people who support it believe that people have everyones best interests at heart and wouldnt screw thousands of people over in a second for personal gain.
4. something someone really smart had the idea of pasting the symbol for allover all types of merchandise to SELL AND MAKE MONEY off the hardcore anarchists supporting their corporations.
retard: hey man the world would be a better place if it was anarchy.
retard: because everyone would be equal and we would all make the decisions and work together for the greater good of everyone
person: your so fucking stupid i want to go anarchist on your ass and beat you to a bleeding pulp cuz i can. your thinking of autonomy.
retard: no, if there were no rules or law nobody would fight or starve or argue.
person:.....? do society a favour, go listen to the exploited or some other wank ass band that ruined punk rock on your ipod touch, buy a bunch of overpriced patches and t shirts made by kids in sweat shops by the corporations you think your trying to take down, then dig a hole and die in it.
Essentially, a society without government
or any other form of central leadership.
Theoretically, along with Communism
, an Anarchy is a society in which all members live freely and peacefully with one another.
Realistically, humans are generally selfish beings and are not content with being on a level plane with everyone else; thus Anarchies and Communisms rarely work out as planned.
A boy in my History class once told me that Communism was the form of government in Heaven.
At first I took his word for it, but, after a little bit of research, I discovered that, under the assumption that Heaven presents the epitome of happiness, Anarchy is a better fit. As long as all members are content with being equal, they will regulate themselves and restrictions will not be required.
A song by German group KMFDM
You break my back
You won't break me
All is black
But I still see
Shut me down
Knock me to the floor
Shoot me up
Fuck me like a whore
Trapped under ice
I've gone as low as you can go
Feel no remorse
No sense of shame
Time's gonna wash away all pain
I made a god out of blood
I killed the king of deceit
Now I sleep in anarchy
Sacrifice to the cause
Turn your code into law
Compensate to validate the loss
Take a thief
Nail him to a cross
Gospel of rage
Faction of hate
Deviate from the absolute
Born of revenge
Raised on cement
Chaos created government
I made a god out of blood
I killed the king of deceit
Wake me up in anarchy