A citizen of the United States.
Use of the word is often a point of contention for Europeans, South Americans, and other Pussies in general.
Americans are stereotyped as fat, lazy, or Imperialist.
"Fat" due to getting off their ass and Work for a living, instead of relying on government to shit them a meal from the minute conditions are 100% ideal.
"Lazy" due to the fact the United States is the most productive nation on the Entire damned planet Per Capita AND GDP, and the average U.S. worker pulls more hours than any Fucking lazyass country in Europe. (Look it the fuck up.)
I suppose that debunks that load of retarded european horse shit entirely.
Americans are referred to as "imperialists" because in 200 years they accomplished more than europe put together.
They are called imperialists for their tradition of warring with democracies. Wait... we've never Gone to war with a democracy? Well I'll be damned. Guess that seperates us from alot of other countries then.
While Europeans are busy with a fantasy of having the next Hitler or Stalin's cock up in their asshole, Americans ruin their dream by bombing their boyfriend straight to hell before they can become a threat to world peace. Like it should be.
"Americans" arrived from the fact that 2 entire continents-worth of other countries either do not really fucking matter, or is ruled by a form of dictatorship and live as pathetic cringing slave pussies.
Much like West and Eastern europe, really.
European: I Hate Amerikkka!
European really thinking: American, why don't you guys just let us get conquered already. I Like being a bitch, dammit.
Technically, an American is someone from the Americas - i.e. North or South America. However, it is so commonly referring to people from the USA that we'll just ignore that point for now.
An American is someone who lives in the USA. Not all americans are overweight, ignorant pricks with an addiction to burgers and flag waving. Some of them are actually friendly, intelligent people!
Remember, kids: just because meet or hear one person from a certain place doesn't mean that everyone from there is like it. Oh, and did I mention that the actions of the US government don't ALWAYS speak unanimously for every last citizen of the USA? Just wanted to clear that up.
They do think some wierd things, though.. They call football soccer, American football football, aluminium aloominum, jam jelly and so on. But belittling them for differences like that would be a bit petty of me, wouldn't it?
While playing a game, I once met an American who was a mindless, stereotyping, bigoted, ignorant prick. But did that make me hate all Americans? Well, yes. But eventually I got over it. I would like to find that guy and cave his skull in, though..
Probablly the most bashed on country in the world.more...
Things you should know:
1. Yes, we are aware the term "American" can be used for anyone living in North or South America. The term "British" can be used for someone from Scottland, Ireland, or England. What else do you want us to call ourselves, United-Statesians? Besides, I don't see you calling people from Brazil or Argentina or Cuba American anyways. Why should we?
2. Yes, we are aware our President shows serious signs of mental retardation. All goverments have their problems.
3. We're not stupid. We don't go around speaking "American", laughing at all other "American" speaking countries thinking they stole the idea from us.
4. We're not all crazy extremists or blind conservatives.
5. Your country probally produces almost as much pollution as ours, and seeing as the US is about 3,718,695 cm2 (9,631,420 km2; gasp! an American knowing about the metric system? unheard of!) large and has 302,431,000 citizens, we're not doing that bad.
6. Celsuis- Farheniet, Meters- feet, Pounds- killograms. Gallons- liters. We use both you know.
7. We don't hate all Canadians, Brits, Cubans, and Japaneese people. We don't think all Muslims are terrorists. No matter what Bush says, we most definitely don't eat "freedom fries". We don't all support Iraq. We don't think Pakistan is in Africa.
8. Just because we can't trace our ancestors in America back for 329 years, it doesn't mean we love our country less.
legal resident of the United States; not really a nationality since everybody came here from somewhere else
This definition if for everybody who stereotypes America.
- Just because we have a high obesity rate does not mean every last single person is fat, I'd rather be fat than be starving , I think most normal people would agree
- We are not all stupid, yes there are stupid people but what country doesn't have stupid people, we have most of the elite universities in the world
- We aren't all ignorant, many of us have a desire to travel outside the U.S
- In school they teach us the metric system, and yes I know zero degrees celcius = 32 degrees faranheit
- Anybody who says America deserved 9/11 is heartless and evil, they were innocent people and had nothing to do with the goverment's action
- I know that American means anybody from North, South, or Central America but mainly it means somebody from the U.S because you don't refer to somebody from Brazil as a south american but just as Brazillian to make it more specific
- You can't just sterotype a whole nation and be correct, I could say that in England everyone has bad teeth and drinks tea but that is not true for everybody and it is ignorant which is exactly the same when you try to sterotype Americans
- Also the joke is on the people who are from different countries and sterotype us, I bet you thousands of people from your country come to ours so you are also making fun of your own people
Person A: Hahaha Americans are fat and stupid!
Person B: That is ignorant because American is not a race, Whites, blacks, Arabs, Hispanics, and others come to America so your making fun of your own people
People who reside in Northern or Southern America, but usually pertaining to the United States. Contrary to popular opinion, not all Americans are fat, eat at McDonalds, drive 4 SUVs, or think their country is the best.more...
Many Americans I know eat like normal people though. Last time I checked there, I have seen more ads for healthy, organic food than for McDonalds. It wasn't like that a few years ago though.
SUVs are becoming less common, and there is now a growing number of Hybrids on the road. Driving a Peugot around on an interstate highway wouldn't be as safe as a Prius, but still very efficient.
Americans also aren't stupid at geography either. Most do know that England and Scotland are two entirely different countries.
Not every American is arrogant about their country. The US is the world's lone superpower, but whether it is the "best" is subjective and must be based on many variables. Most the negative definitions about the US come from Americans themselves.
Oh, and you can make fun of American culture, but chances are if you have a computer and internet then you are as greedy a capitalist as they are.
America is a huge country, so there are definitely many nutcases out there, but you can't judge an entire country based on a few pricks on the internet. I have met many people who have traveled to America and had a grand time there. America may not be perfect, but it has a lot to offer if you look in the right places.
1. Technically a definition for anyone who is from the American continent.
2. Typically used to refer to North American citizens of the United States of America, and from here on used in this context.
3. The greatest allies England has ever had.
4. Generally hard working, honest, intelligent and likeable
Ignorant twat 1. All Americans are stupid and fat.
Ignorant twat 2. No, Americans from the USA are stupid and fat, the rest are alright.
Intelligent Person. I doubt either of you two simpletons hare ever been to America, let alone the USA and I expect you have never actually spoken to an American. They are our brothers across the ocean and I would die to project them. In a world full of enemies it is time to recognise your greatest friends.
Ignorant twat 1. What? (accompanied by a puzzled look)
Ignorant twat 2. He's a Yank lover.
Intelligent Person. You two have annoyed be sufficiently that I'm going to beat the fuck out of your inward looking and racist faces.
Ignorant twats run off to watch the latest American film.
Anyone who lives in the continents of North or South America.