1) The active ingredient in alcohol is ethyl alcohol, which is produced by yeast. Working much like ether
, alcohol puts the brain to sleep. Alcohol functions as a depressant to the central nervous system and slows down body functions. In large amounts, alcohol causes sedation, intoxication, unconsciousness, and possible death. Aside from significant negative physical consequences, chronic use of alcohol can lead to physical and psychological addiction.
2) Colorless, volatile liquid obtained by distillation and fermentation of carbohydrates (grain, molasses, potatoes irish
). Alcohol is antiseptic and cooling but is also very drying to the hair and skin; care should thus be taken not to use too much.
3) This constituent of wine is a natural by-product of fermentation. It is one of the main pillars of perceived flavor, the others being "Acid", "residual Sugar" (and/or "Glycerin") and "Tannin". The presence of these components define a wine that has "good balance". For tablewines the wine label must, by law, state the alcohol content of the wine within the bottle, usually expressed as a percentage of the volume. Table wines do not usually exceed 14% alcohol content - (11% to 12.5% is generally considered the optimum amount) - although a few, such as Zinfandel, can go up to a 17% level. Sweet dessert wines fall in the same range. Fortified wines - (eg: Sherry, Port etc) - range from 17% to 21% alcohol content.
4) Ethanol or ethyl alcohol (C2H5OH), the liquid produced from sugar by fermentation that can make you drunk
5) A chemical compound formed by the action of yeast on the sugar content of grapes during fermentation. Most wines have between 7 and 25 percent alcohol, which gives wine is vinosity. If wine has too much alcohol for its body weight, it is unbalanced, and will taste uncharacteristically heavy or hot. The quality will be noticeable in aroma and aftertaste.
6) A general class of hydrocarbons that contain a hydroxyl group (OH). The term "alcohol" is often used interchangeably with the term "ethanol," even though there are many types of alcohol. (See Butanol, Ethanol, Methanol.)
mmmm.....alcohol, but i can't think of anything else to say...."excample is too short"
The cause of, and solution to all life's problems.
To ALCOHOL: The cause of, and solution to all life's problems.
Any of a class of chemical compounds having the general formula ROH, where R represents an alkyl group and -OH a hydroxyl group. Most commonly refers to ethanol, which you can drink to forget how much your life sucks, and methanol, which you can drink when you remember.
Liquid Panty Remover
"Man alcohol is like liquid panty remover, you see that hot drunk chick over there, she's gonna get boned tonight."
A substance found in beer (except American beer) and several other beverages that makes you excessively happy, sad, belligerent or horny. It allows white men to dance and ugly men to get laid (when given to their victim).
You wanna get with that hottie? You're gonna need lots of alcohol!
Alcohol. What most of your university/college life will revolve around.
Alcohol. The cause of, and the solution to all of life's problems.
The buffer between reality and a good night. Has been known to make people seem more attractive and make obviously stupid idea's seem like good sense.
Without alcohol people become boring, ridgid and quiet.
The antidote to reality.
reality is for people that can't handle drugs and alcohol.