2. The one branch of the military that has the best retention rates because they spend more on their troops, then ask for more for ammo and weapons, whereas the Army and the Marines is more about spending more on ammo and weapons and could give two shits less about their troops.
3. The "aerospace" branch that goes in and bombs the hell out of the area where the enemy is at, before the Marines go in and finish the rest, now that their job is easier.
4. The Army and the Marines rely on the Air Force to take them to combat zones.
5. The only branch with too many people in that the Air Force is paying for officers for early seperation and is offering enlisted an open door policy to early seperation....and because the Army is hurting for recruits, they've also offered a "blue to green" program where you can go directly from being Air Force to Army.
Example 2. If you told Navy personnel to "secure a building," they would turn off the lights and lock the doors. The Armywould occupy the building so no one could enter. Marines would assault the building, capture it, and defend it with suppressive fire and close combat, leveling it in the process. The Air Force, on the other hand, would take out a three-year lease with an option to buy.
2. The most destructive fighting force on the face of the planet. (You won't see a marine dropping a nuke).
3. The branch of the U.S. Armed Forces with the finest looking women in all of the DoD. >_O
4. The only branch of the U.S. Armed Forces with a future in space.
Many "soldiers" who look down upon the Air Force do not realize that there are many fighting members of the Air Force that are not Officers. While most of the enlisted force has noncombat duties, there are many career fields that place enlisted men in the field.
Combat Control and TAC-P are Special Forces that enter combat zones to fight alongside marines and soldiers and call in air strikes. PJs (Pararescue Jumpers) are the tip of our Special Forces, they jump into extreme combat situations to rescue Marines, SEALs, and Rangers. They have received some of the highest awards in the service, such as the Medal of Honor.
Even Security Forces (MPs for the Air Force) now have extended training on convoys and urban warfare since the war on terrorism started. Security Forces now performs convoys in Iraq and Afganistan, and conducts sweeps throughout Iraqi cities near Air Bases. The 820th Combat Security Forces Squadron were some of the first servicemen to jump into Iraq along side of the 82nd Airborne. Select Security Forces personnel also attend Phoenix Raven (advanced hand to hand combat) Training, as well as Army Ranger school
While most of the Air Force are slackers, there are a select few that are true soldiers. You will see them wearing berets and flight suits.