2)The way i took up saying "alright", not knowing that it was already being used as a 'hip' or 'kewl' way to say al right... I was just out there half-assin' it... oh well
Me: Shut the SHIBBY up! I told you already. Your stupid skaterass friends think they're all shibby with their damn sellout BAM shirts and shit... and I personally don't want to put you, another customer for that damned skatepark, out there for that damned place to suk up you fuckin money. Besides, I'm tired, bored, lazy and I'm gonna halfass my self thru the day... (here it comes)... ... ... Aight?
Another good example occurs in a Jeff Foxworthy comedy routine
syn: all right, no-doubt,cool 2: sentence-initial expression of agreement syn: very well, fine, all right, OK 3: (informal) in a satisfactory or adequate manner; "she'll do aight"; "He did aight!"; (`aight' is a nonstandard variant of `all right') syn: okay, O.K., cool, all right
1. Referring to something average; okay.
2. Acceptable; agreeable
1. Very well, okay; yes.
2. To agree to a known fact; without a doubt.
1. The food was a’ight, but I preferred yesterday’s meal.
2. Throwing your stuff away is a’ight by me.
1. Used to introduce a statement: A’ight, I’m going to the movies.
2. Its cold out, a’ight.