1) Someone who is one click above a total stranger, someone that you just know their name, but nor very well or that close.
2) Typically people that you see at work or at school that you never bother to see outside of those circumstances.
3) Typically your friend's friends that you run in to at a party or going out.
4) Not such a bad thing because at least they're not going to bother you or pressure you asking for favors or money to borrow.
1) 96.4 % of your "friends" on MySpace
91.8 % of your "friends" on Facebook
= 100% acquaintance
2) Jenny from you Trignometry class who is ever so helpful but you have excuse for her every weekend because she is fat
3) Larry and John, your cubicle partners at work. You have discussed 2008 Election and NFL Draft with these guys and shared Coca-Cola in the breakroom 9 months ago but fuck these fat fucks.
4) Your cousin Vinny. You never return his call, he comes over to your house only because his parents brings his sorry ass. You hang out with him because you're forced to and he is like a 5th wheel. You can't wait until he is gone and you're smiling at him as you're saying good bye simply because you are happy that he is outta here!
1. Someone you know personally but is not officially your friend.
2. Someone you know during high school but will prolly never talk to him/her again after high school.
Yeah I know Bob, but he's not really my friend, we're just acquaintances.
"acquaintance" is such a complicated word. the dictionary says "a person one knows slightly, but not as a close friend"
that definition does not even begin to explain what an acquaintance is.
and acquaintance can be the example given by the dictionary. it can also be a person that you will not accept friendship from. it can be someone that you know almost everything about, yet you deny friendship of the said person. it can be a friend who you don't see that much, or don't feel close to. to be an "acquaintance" means much more than to not be friends. acquaintance can not really be defined in a few words, its just that type of thing that takes a laid out explanation rather than a definition. an acquaintance can range from anywhere between love and hate, and that doesn't mean it can't be either of the two. it could even be both at the same time.
an acquaintance can be many things
and i could go on and on about it, but i feel like i should stop here
and let you ponder
Greg and Lilly aren't quite friends, yet they know so much about each other, and have so much in common. They aren't enemies either, even though they fight all the time, and often piss each other off. I guess you'd call them acquaintances.
Acquaintance vs Friend
Someone you dont see outside of school, work or whatever
Someone you hang out with, or have "hung out with"
If you hang out with me more than once, we are friends, not acquaintances...
When two people know each other through a mutual friend but do not have their own exclusive friendship.
Friendship may be facebook official, but one friend wishes that he had never accepted that friend request and is too honorable of a man to block the other.
Amy Kelly added Reggie Coval on facebook. Reggie could not understand this gesture due to the fact that they are only acquaintances. Luckily for Amy, Reggie is such a gentleman that he will not block her.
just a word girls when they dont wanna admit them and another person are lovers , so they call themselves acquaintances .
you and me are just acquaintances
Another name for a fuck buddy that will fuck anytime and anywhere. Also, they are embarrassing to let your other friends see because they are usually ugly and dumb, but in your mind you say to yourself..."it's better than my hand."
Imma go fuck my acquaintance because im one horney MOFO.... but no one will kno ;)