1. A spectacular find, as in dating or marriage.
2. A golden discovery, as in a bargain or business deal.
3. Home-run-robbing snag made at the outfield wall by a professional baseball player.
1. Wow, I can't believe Sam is dating Melissa...she's quite a catch!
2. I found a used Jeep online the other day...low mileage, great engine, reasonable price...man, what a catch!
3. OH CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! He saved a home run with that waffle cone snag! That catch will be on Web Gems tomorrow, folks!
When referring to someone as "a catch" it is referring to a person with charm, swagger, and overall attractiveness to the opposite sex or even the same sex sometimes
The guy I went out to dinner with last night was such a catch!