As opposed to normal conservatives who have relatively independent minds--those few that remain.
2. An eccentric driven by religious fervor to take on unusual or irrational social or political opinions without care that other members of society consider them off balance. The extremism of these people's faith is proof to them that they are right.
3. A person who was unfortunate in the allotment of his or her genetics, causing his or her ears to be abnormally large and protruding. Originating in Australia where it is rarely used derogatively it became an insult when the word migrated to America
4. An aficionado of the Detroit Red Wings.
5. A fan of the political drama television programme The West Wing
6. A peice of metal that can be easily turned with the fingers used to anchor screws into wood or other material
Guy: Sorry lady, if i believed every wing nut like you I'd be locked in my panic room by now
2. Chris: Every morning my next door neighbour goes outside naked and dances like a chicken in the street while preaching to the world that Satan has finally triumphed over God and it is our job as a society to decapitate all political and social leaders.
Sam: Doesn't he care that he gets arrested every day?
Chris: No, He's a total wing nut.
3. Britney: Like, ew, look at Sam's ears, I like, can't believe he wanted me to go to prom with him. They are like so...out there.
Chelsea: Like, I know, he's like a total wing nut!
4. Charlie: Wow, you can tell a place is a shithole when the hockey fans look like they have enormous pieces of hardware on their heads.
Gabby: Fucking wing nuts
5. Sarah: Hey, I'm home alone Kelly's a total wing nut and so she's neglecting me for a big West Wing marathon. We should go out.
Samantha: Sure, where?
6. Gina: AGH! If I can't find the wing nut that goes on the end of this screw, the screw will fall out and the entire impenetrable fortress will collapse, killing us all!