the worst operating system you can buy. not only does it cost a lot of money, but if you don't have it running on a top-of-the-line computer, it sucks. those of you who say it doesn't freeze up probably haven't tried it on a 400 mHz laptop - which it should run on, according to the system requirements. contrary to popular belief, it is not easier to use than linux, mac os, or any other os because the reason people have such an easy time learning to use new versions of windows is because they are familiar with the old one, which is the same except for that lame prarie that it places on the desktop, along with some other aesthetical changes.
while windows has been around much longer, linux has grown so fast that people are already considering switching from windows. windows may have more programs and look better(? i don't think so but maybe some do), but linux has the edge on security and stability and does what it should - all of which is what most people want and what all should expect from an os.
1. microsoftie: if linux is better, then why hasn't everyone switched to linux?
thinking person: because most people just believe what they hear - they never try linux, they just believe what they hear about it.
2. microsoftie: windows xp doesn't cost that much, it's only $150. that's not bad.
thinking person: but you also have to buy antivirus protection and office xp, which together will cost about $300.
Windows 95/98, (n): 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprossessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.
A piece of glass you can open when it gets too hot outside. Come on people
Open the window, it's hot as hell in here
A lot harder to open than its glass counterpart.
Windows, which was copied, edited, then sold for billions by Bill Gates(see antichrist
), is just as good as Linux or Mac OS X, without the whole "Working" and "running" thing. To sum it up: The worst mistake of your life would be to buy it.
Person 1: " OMG, I accidently just blew up my office, killing thousands!"
Person 2: " You think you made a mistake? I BOUGHT WINDOWS!"
One of several pieces of software from Microsoft:
1. Windows 1.0 was a graphical shell that allowed the user of an IBM PC to have several MS-DOS programs running at the same time, sharing the screen through viewports called "windows," hence the name. It was released after the first Apple Macintosh computer, and most users did not install it because it required too much memory. MS-DOS was an operating system that could only have one application open at any given time, and those applications could only access up to 640 kilobytes of RAM. Files stored by it had names consisting of eight characters, a dot, and three more characters, and certain characters, such as spaces, were not allowed. TEXTFILE.TXT was a typical DOS filename.
2. ~ 3.0 was a graphical shell that also had dynamic library support, a feature normally built into an operating system. Applications had to be written "for" ~, almost as if it was an operating system. It did things on behalf of applications, like an operating system. It was started from DOS as an application, and exiting ~ returned the user to DOS. Instead of folders, there were program groups, where programs had to be explicitly placed. Placement of a program in the Program Groups typically involved telling ~ the complete path to the program executable (ie, "C:\COREL\WP.EXE")
3. ~ 95 was a graphical shell that was booted directly by DOS, so that it appeared to be the entire operating system. It imitated the look and feel of a Macintosh. It ...
An Operating System developed by the much hated Microsoft Corporation. Became popular via amoral business practise on the part of Microsoft. Windows is world renowned for being insecure and bug ridden. Some describe it as "the only computer virus that you pay to use".
Excuse me while I run Windows Update and download yet another 80mb bugfix....er....sorry, "upgrade".
An operating system programmed by monkeys in a room with typewriters.
Your windows works as well as shit!
"Hey look, a record! It's 45 minutes since I rebooted and my windows has still not crashed!"