- a Broadway musical which serves as a backstory behind the relationship between the Wicked Witches, the Wizard of Oz, and Glinda the Good Witch.
2. wicked (wick-ed, adj.)
a) word used to describe something as being evil or nasty, as in "the wicked witch eats children for breakfast".
b) New England slang used to describe something that is devilishly awsome, very cool, extreme, or clever.
That was a wicked roller-coasted ride!
Your new hairstyle is totally wicked!
1. Another way to say 'really' or 'very' 2. Great. It can be used either before an adjective (ex. 1) or as an adjective itself(ex. 2). It cannot be used before a sopisticated adjective like "admirable" or "excellent". If you aren't from New England, don't say it or you'll sound stupid. Wicked stupid.
Note: Don't use the second definition. It sounds REALLY lame.
"That was wicked awesome!"
"I'm wicked lonely, nobody's online."
Definition 2 examples:
"That concert was wicked."
Originated in Salem, MA, because Salem is the historic town with the Witch trials. The witches were wicked.
Wicked is used commonly by Bostonians and you really only hear it around New England.
- Must be used directly before an adjective that is the last adjective of the sentence, phrase, or thought.
- If you wanted to say "That was wicked awesome/good!" the substitute "That was wicked pissah!" works just as well, but you hear it more often in the actual city of Boston.
- You must be from New England or have New England blood to be allowed to say it.
- YOU CANNOT HAVE WICKED BE YOUR LAST WORD! "That was wicked!" does not work. If you wanted to say that, you would say "That was wicked pissah!"
- "Wicked pissah!" can also be used by itself instead of saying that was.
- You never say correct grammar when saying wicked good. You never say "wicked well". You say "wicked good" or "wicked awesome."
In the city of boston, you hear it most commonly used as "Wicked pissah!", but in the 'burbs and farther away, it is more used in the phrase "... wicked awesome!!"
The farther from Boston you are, the less you hear it. If you are a New Englander and are outside New England and hear it, go up to the guy and start talking bout the Red Sox. He will be from New England almost every time.
Excitement: The game 7 when we beat the Canucks was wicked awesome! OR That is wicked cool!
Taste: Regina's Pizza is wicked good!
Weather: It's wicked cold out!
Description: Boston is a wicked fun city. OR The Red Sox are doing wicked good this year.
Size: The Green Monster is wicked big!