1) A city just north of Portland Oregon.
2) Often confused with Vancouver B.C.
3) Incorporated in 1857.
1) Incorporated in 1886.
2) Named for Captain George Vancouver. (As was Vancouver Washington.)
Canadians: Oh, you're Canadian too?
Me: No, Vancouver Washington.
v. common reference to the Vancouver riots of 1994 and 2011.
v. Dude don't go all Vancouver on us ... she dumped you so move on.
Man B: Oh, cool.
1. To achieve failure or finish second in a competition or undertaking.
2. To achieve failure in an effort or venture after having had a marked advantage: I had a 2 game lead, but I totally vancouvered.
1. To achieve spectacular failure or finish second in.
2. To fail to complete a task or undertaking in even passable fashion: The boss was counting on me, but I totally vancouvered the report.
3. To fail to make (one's way) with effort.
4. To lose the affection or loyalty of former supporters: We realy vancouvered our fans out there today.
a. A loss, especially in a competition.
b. Second place in a competition.
2. An amount lost or squandered.
To fall short or abate.
To overcome success and attain an undesired goal or end.
vancouver the day
To be ultimately found lacking.
This was followed a month later by the epic failure by the Vancouver Whitecaps FC to clinch the Nutralite Canadian Championship.
"The Vancouver's Downtown Eastside is gross."
"There are too many drugies in Vancouver."