Unfortunately, most of the world (including many Americans) does not realize that, though we throw the word "democracy" around quite a bit, the US is a Republic, modeled after Rome. If you can’t tell the difference, look it up.
1. We are not all stupid, nor are we ignorant or intolerant.
2. Yes, we have had bad leaders. So has every other nation on Earth. Unfortunately, the US is under a bigger spotlight politically than most of the world, and our mistakes seem bigger. Get over it.
3. America is as full of patriots as it is dissenters, and that is one of the things that make the country great. The ability to speak freely and without reason to fear the government is more than many nations can boast.
4. Yes, we speak a mockery of the English language. Don't fault us on how we speak, because every language came from another.
5. No, we don't hate Canada. As a matter of fact, Canada and the United States of America would be bestest friends if they were individual people.
6. We have the longest standing Constitution of any nation today, and we are proud that we have maintained a strong relation to our roots.
7. We are not all arrogant, racist, ignorant bastards, so please, stop using the Internet to call us so. Also, really, how many people who comment on our ignorance have met an American from the majority of the population? (No, COPS is not an accurate representation of the majority, and I suggest you stop watching the program, it rots your brain)
The Statue of Liberty, sometimes known as "Lady Liberty", was a gift from the French to the Americans, a century after the American Revolution. Located in New York, it is to this day a very prominent symbol of the USA.
The Great Seal of The USA.
Map of the USA.
The US flag acquired its fifty stars as of July 4th, 1960.
America's a pretty big place, and its full of all different kinds of people everywhere you go.
We're just a bunch of normal people living in a counrty with a messed up reputation and a mighty big spotlight for a mighty small man.
The only political and military superpower left on earth, it is held in contempt and jealousy by others, albeit sometimes not without merit.
Home to the oldest written constitution still in effect, it has benefited from almost 230 years of political stability. Because of this, and it's many natural resources, it has been blessed to have the largest economy in the world.
Sometimes confused with their government, the citizenry is generous and truly believes in the "American Dream", i.e., that if you work hard enough, and long enough, you can succeed in your endeavors.
It is a country of immigrants, not ethnicity; anyone can become an American, but not all can be a Japanese, or a German, or a Russian, etc.
It's government, such as all governments, has in the past, (and some argue now) let it's people down by not living up to it's expectations. In America however, that government can be removed not by bullets, but by ballots.
Hortons: Tim your a dumb-ass, USA rocks!
Americans: Our country is the best and the Europeans are pessimistic retards!
See? Every country is full of ignorant, moronic people! Find the good in each country and their people, and acknowledge the bad, but don't generalize and discriminate.
Person 2: That's no piece of crap at all loser, that's Canada the best friend of the United States of America.
Person 1: OK