1. n. a button on Twitter that eradicates a person's thoughts, feelings, and beliefs from your timeline
2. v. (a) hitting said button is a gesture equivalent to sticking up your middle finger to someone on Twitter
(b) virtually the same as the phrase "fuck you" and applies to not only the individual being unfollowed but also to his or her thoughts, feelings, and beliefs expressed on Twitter
This girl is stupid. *Promptly hits unfollow*
This guy is so annoying. *Promptly hits unfollow*
1. unsubscribing from someone's Twitter feed
2. a declarative statement that you are unsubscribing
3. a declarative statement that you are leaving a group or friend
Ex. 1: "I'm unfollowing Steve after all that pro-Apple spam."
Ex.2: "I'm tired of hearing all the details of Amy's day. Unfollow."
Ex. 3: "You're going to THAT bar? Unfollow."
To stop following a Twitter account that you were previously following.
@aplusk is getting annoying, I'm going to unfollow him.