1) An obsolete document printed in the 1700's on hemp paper, establishing a new democracy and forming the basis for our current government. Well written piece but the Homeland Security Act has rendered it ineffective for protecting US citizens from illegal searches and seizures by our own police and military, under the guise of terrorist hunting.
Your property may be entered, searched and items removed without a warrant to do so, no notice the authorities were there or any written inventory of any items they may have taken.
The defining document of American Democracy. Writen and signed September of 1787 it influenced American power and it's way of life. Created to replace the Articles of Confederation which were weak and didnt have any real power, it gave the federal and states equal powers as to help balance the sharing of power. The US Constitution seperated the government into 3 branches.
As to give equal power or a system of "Checks and Balances" so no 1 branch would become more powerful than the other. It has become a symbol of American democrazy and power and has even influenced other countries constitutions for more than 200 years.
Preamble of The US Constitution,
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
a document that is ignored by the United States whenever it deems appropriate, kind of like the Geneva Conventions
There is absolutely no consistency for when to follow the constitution, and when to ignore it.
Slang for toilet paper
President, Judge, Congressman or Senator: Hey, I have to take a dump. Is there any US Constitution left, so I can wipe my ass when I'm done?
1. Something that proves to me that our politicians are illiterate since they never follow it or abide by it
2. A beautiful document that is the law of the land in America. It was made by our Founding Fathers intended to be the frame of the US government.
1. President Obama: muammar ghaddafi is a dictator and he should step down
Ten weeks later
President Obama: since col ghaddafi has refused to leave his power I have declared war against gaddafi and I will send 2000 troops in a week
Reporter: mr president you mean congress declares war and you signed the declaration
President Obama: no I have congress shomngress
Reporter: but mr president doesn't it specifically say in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution that "Congress shall have the power to declare war"
President: um uh I have to go to the bathroom
2. The US Constitution has a beautiful system of a. allowing ammendments to it and b. having a majority rule for creating ammendments . Our founders were great visionaries