Someone who pretends to be something they are not, to look cool
"I love to wear black and be goth"
*5 mins later*
"I love rocky horror! send me some drop kick murphys i wanna be punk!"
1. A face-saving insult used by someone who is feeling inadequate. Basically accuses anyone who is better than them at anything of putting in effort. Doubles as an excuse for sucking by implying lack of effort on the speaker's part.
2. An insult blatantly misused by 13-year-old kiddies in online gaming who, ironically, try very hard to win themselves and take it too seriously when they lose.
3. Someone who tries too hard to fit in. Easy to spot online because of their constant use of trendy internet slang such as "fail", "cool story bro", and "tryhard".
4. An Urban Dictionary writer that submits overly-long definitions for pointless phrases trying to get recogniton.
1. Guy mopping the bathroom at Subway: "All those people from my high school that got into Princeton and MIT, they're just a bunch of fucking tryhards."
2. Kid that just got utterly humiliated in Starcraft 2: "w/e u fuckin tryhard hacker n00bz lol i pwn u next time k 1v1 me NOW!!!11"
3. That one douchebag that always brags about his 2500 Facebook friends: "o hai guys dat 1 nig hes a fuckin tryhard im all like yea i get blazed all the time and shit and i fuck bitches and got all these friends, then hes like dude i dont fucking care stop sending requests to me i dont know you, and i was all like o rly, cool story bro. yeah i fuckin pwned that fail loser tryhard. lol, shit man, im so cool. srsly, pay attention to me plz! guys? anyone?!"
4. See above.
A Tryhard is someone who trys too hard to be included in a group of people.
Someone that will copy anything someone else does / something other people in a group do, listen to, act like, or look like, To become accepted in the group.
Alec is such a tryhard, all of the bands he listens to, he gets off us, he can't get his own life.
An individual that tries. Hard.
This is not in reference to those that are scholastically ambitious, or put effort into sports. No, no. This is a strong, biting description of someone that obviously thinks a whole lot about their public image - fashion, vernacular, taste, etc. Such a person tends to fit very neatly into a particular pigeon hole - typically, a subculture. A tryhard is pathetically hyper-aware and irredeemably lame in their awareness and internalizing of all things external and obvious.
Pretty much the only phrase used is uttered snidely, under the breath to one's cohorts: "What a tryhard" or, alternately, "whatta tryhard". In particularly outstanding cases, "oh my God, whatta tryhard."
an idiot who tries to be something that theyre not and never well be just for some attention.
sam beeton is a tryhard. he tries to turn into anything that people have any interest in
A tryhard is an excuse people use as to why they lost something, typically a game.
The person who uses the word implies that they weren't trying to win, and are calling the other person a tryhard because they WANT to win.
Amongst friends just wanting to have fun, this is a valid excuse. Though, this is mainly used by people (in games such as Modern Warfare 2) who go around playing against random people and losing.
Person 1: We're gonna beat you this game, noob.
Person 2: I doubt it.
(After the game, person 2's team wins)
Person 2: I thought you were going to win?
Person 1: Shut up. You're just a tryhard.
plural = tryhards.
A person/people who simply try far too hard to fit in with you i.e. over the top laughing at jokes which arent particularly funny, name-dropping etc.
See Brown nose
Look at Lindsay trying to get in with the year above, the fucking tryhard!