2) An ugly little plastic doll with big hair.
3) One of the five Horde races in World of Warcraft. Tall, leggy, and blue, with three-fingered hands and two-toed feet; also has tusks and a Caribbean accent.
4) (verb) To go fishing.
5) (verb) To act as an example of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory; derived from definition 4, on the theory that the person is "fishing" for attention. This can also be a noun, meaning someone who does just that.
2) My aunt collects troll dolls.
3) My troll shadow priest will melt your face!
4) They're out trolling the river.
5) Oh, great, someone is trolling the forums again. Where did all of these trolls come from, anyway?
Skilled trolls especially like trolling large-scale websites such as MySpace or LiveJournal where it is harder to get banned. Trolling a site such as GameFAQs is more difficult, as the TOS is very strict and the moderators are harder on trolls.
Skilled trolls from LJ: heavenablaze, gunlord, oni+, omg_a_terrorist, bloodlent, abcuqrc, chessnut1134
supposedly means someone who is disruptive or mean on a message board, but now extends to anyone who is ever disagreeable or doesn't join in on the circle jerk.
some people also take it to mean the act of reading and posting on message boards.
omg stop trolling
stop stating you ropinions as facts troll