2. A person who has lost all idea of common courtesy, personal space, reality, etc. They have also been known to; wait for you to open a door, then run through it before you can; not give up seats to pregnant women on public transit (they're more important); whisper things under their breath about your mother if you take more than 1.2 seconds to order a coffee and then proceed to order a double-java-mocha-ultra-non-fat-goat's-milk latte; ignore your attempts to exit a subway and remain blocking your path then scoff at you when you say 'Excuse me.'; generally ignore anybody beyond themselves.
3. A hipster douchebag. This type of Torontonian has been known to; shop at Salvation Army because it's 'cool to look poor' although both their parents are doctors; name their band after something that has to do with Japan (ie. Tokyo Police Club); go to coffee places that tell you they're serving free trade coffee but it's actually Folger's sold at 400% mark-up; pretend to have intelligible things to say about world events because they read about it on somebody's blog; act like they have their own unique style although all hipsters look the same (you're no different than thugs, preps, bro's, etc.); live at their parent's house in Forest Hill but spend all their time in Kensington Market; etc.
Male Torontonian hipsters have been known to wear tighter pants than the females - no scientific journal has been able to decipher this strange behaviour. The males are also often mistaken for a member of the Village People - skin-tight pants, mustache, 80's sun glasses, bad hair cuit - but believes he is still cool.
Female hispters are not hot.
4. An incorrectly labelled person who resides in Toronto but was born and raised in another city. Often mistaken for an actual Torontonian, these individuals take offense to the label. They are often courteous, attractive, smart, and will choose to cheer for any other hockey team besides the Maple Leafs. They tend to move to Toronto in order to further their career and often contemplate moving back in with their parents and living on welfare just to get out of the city of Toronto.
2. Person A:Man that guy is a douche!
Person B: They don't call them Torontians for nothing.
3. Person A: That chick is hot!
Person B: Dude, that's a male hipster Torontonian!
4. Newfoundlander: Fuck you, you fucking Torontonian scum.
Incorrectly-labelled Torontonian: Fuck you! That guy is the Torontonian - I'm from Ottawa! *Points to guy wearing tight pants with a mustache, listening to Feist*
1. A person who resides in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
2. A gracious and tolerant sort of guy or gal who listens with Herculean patience and nothing but a sad sigh now and then as every ill-educated sheep-shagger, penniless cod-kisser, sexually confused lumberjack and soulless oil tycoon befouling the rest of the country badmouths him tirelessly because they don't have half the cool shit that he does.
3. A person who starts feeling suicidal every year around the time of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
4. Someone who pays fully half of their income in taxes so that a bunch of miserable ingrates living in shacks can spend half the year on the dole, scratching their Molson muscles and bitching about how much they hate Torontonians.
5. A person who can find everything she needs within a twenty-minute walk or bike-ride from her front door.
6. A resident of the 416 area code, but mercifully not of the 905.
7. Someone who is too polite to tell his best friend, who lives in Vancouver, that, 'No, frankly I really don't wish I lived in Vancouver. Not everyone on the whole fucking planet wants to live in Vancouver, for Christ's sake. Besides, your whole goddamned drug-infested city's going to slide into the ocean some day, be it global warming, act of heavenly retribution, or one tremendous motherfucking earthquake. So there.'
Quebecker: Torontonians are a bunch of money-hungry conservatives. We should separate from Canada to get away from them.
Newfoundlander: Torontonians are a bunch of self-centred arses. We should separate from Canada to get away from them
Torontonian: I wish all those fucking leeches would separate from Canada so that I wouldn't have to pay for all their goddamned cigarettes and health care any more.
Similar to the term Canadian.
Toronto is the largest city in all of Canada.
Other Terms/Nicknames for Toronto Are:
T-Dot; T.O; Hogtown; The Big Smoke; Toronto the good
"TORONTO is tha besstt !!"
I am Torontonian and proud of it !
Jane: So are John and Mary complete assholes?
Dick: I believe I already answered that question, Jane.
The whiniest, bitchiest people in Canada. A Torontonian's main means of entertainment is bitching, usually in the letters to the editor section of the Toronto Star, about how the government isn't spending enough money on X or should be accountable for Y.
Your typical Torontonian is very opposed to firearm ownership and use, and supports the strictest of firearm regulation laws. Same goes for owning and breeding Pitbulls.
These phobias are based on what moms talk about in the schoolyard while picking up their kids, rather than actual fact.
Toronoto has the highest concentration of soccer moms in the country, a figure which is rising rapidly with the popularity of Call of Duty (which an increasing number of parents believe is polluting our society) and the Toronto FC.
If nothing else, the rest of the world will understand that we women in Canada are facing a real battle as we detail the way the issues that are essential to women here and everywhere have been belittled and are of no importance to this PM and his government, except as a strategy to gain that Golden Fleece called a “majority.”
It’s understandable that Harper wouldn’t go to the Washington women’s health summit, aptly entitled “We Deliver.” He can’t and apparently it’s an issue for him. How else to explain?
- A typical torontonian scrutinizing Politician's every move. Chances are, that if Harper did attend this thing, she would have still found something to complain about.