|1.||Too hip to function.|
If someone is 'too hip to function' it means they think they are so cool they somehow have to show this off in every oppourtunity. They are 'too hip' to function like a normal person.
Why does he always wear sunglasses at night?
Guy: He can't take them off 'cos he's "too hip to function."
Main Entry: Sophistihip
Function: noun, adjective
Etymology: Compound of sophisticated and hip
Used to describe a blend of style and attitude which is both classically cultured, yet hip.
Now that lad is a true sophistihip, I hope my daughter will marry him.
It's great she is not with a conservative prick or a clueless guy, you don't see too many sophistihip people like him around.
|3.||Miss Tubby Tubby|
Main Entry: Miss Tubby Tubbymore...
:A beast of an African American woman usually found in rundown sections of any city (AKA "The Ghetto").
TEETH: A Tubby has large gap between the two front teeth large enough to guage bricks.
LEGS AND FEET: Covered by stretch marks, Tubby legs are rife with cellulite around the hip and thigh area. The kankles are covered with Varicose veins, and the feet look white and powdery. The toe nails are yellowed and heavily infected with fungus.
SENSES:A Tubby is very adept at sensing who has money, and who is willing to mate. It has been rumored that during ovulation, a Tubby can sniff out a hoggin' male at over a mile.
SOCIAL BEHAVIOR:Tubbies are personable, but have been known to stomp Pimp skiny crack heads to death.
ATTIRE:4" fuck me heels, loud shirt, spandex shorts, and splash glitter on the face. The makeup used on the face is the spitting image of Mimi Bobeck.
REPRODUCTION:A Tubby will mate with any male large enough to throw her about in the bedroom, and any man small enough that she is able to strong arm.
HUNTING:May be legally taken, but it's strictly on a catch and release basis.
EFFECTS ON THE ENVIRONMENT:Since they will readily mate with anything, they have begun to spread into the suburbs. Serious attempts have been made via The Welfare Office to spay them. However, this has been met with strong Congressional opposition.
An oftened made fun of, ridiculed, and stereotyped city. In reality, it's a great city. I'm a native Angeleno and I think I would know my city. All that makes LA a fantastic city:more...
1. Largest city on the West Coast and in California (by far) with a population of 4.1 million according to wikipedia.
2. One of the ten alpha world cities ranked by the GaWC and is the most powerful city and richest city on the West Coast.
3. Probably has the most diverse geographic landscape in the country with mountains, beaches, palm trees, deserts, forests, etc. Where else can one lay out on the beach and in the next hour be hiking in the mountains?
4. One of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world, up there with New York City, London, and Toronto.
5. A world class city with plenty of culture- a major center of film, tv, music, science, art, fashion, theater, pop-culture, celebrities, etc. that plays a large role in influencing American culture.
6. A city of extremes from the filthy rich Bel-Air to the dirt-poor Skid Row, all of which are living in the same city.
7. Each community is like its own world in that all of them are so different. Beverly Hills - glamour. Hollywood - young, creative, artsy. Malibu - laid back yet still high maintenance. LA being a sprawling and divided city creates for an extremely diverse environment with many different types of people.
8. Third safest big city in the United States after New York City and San Jose. Los Angeles is mis...
A talentless "artist" from the British Virgin Islands, "discovered" via MySpace by Sean Kingston.
His first single, titled "Replay" is very cliché and easily forgettable. Too ignorant to note that an iPod does not have a "replay" function (it is known as "repeat"), Iyaz's debut single relates a girl he has recently met with a melody he cannot rid his mind of (and thus a comparison to said non-existent "replay" function of an Apple iPod). Furthermore, a brand name-drop such as that of an iPod was not entirely necessary; a generic "mp3 player" would have sufficed in the situation.
The aforementioned single also makes use of the term shawty, almost as if to be "hip" or "fresh." Note how these two latter terms are as (if not, more) dated than the former, which speaks volumes about how desperate Iyaz must have been in the search for potential listeners.
tl;dr an awful artist.
"Iyaz? What's that, a portmanteau of iPad and Yaz, the birth control pill?"
"No... it's a singer. But close enough."