They are very good friends, and will always be there if you need a shoulder to lean on.
They can be a bit thoughtless at times with their choice of words, though it is rare for them to intentionally hurt you. Unless they dislike you.
Then they can be arrogant and selfish, and greedy and cold.
But overall, a Toby is definetely someone you would want as your friend/boyfriend; they are usually good-looking guys with a great personality.
Guy2: Yeah, he is always fun to be around with.
Girl: Omg, that Toby is sooo hot and such a gentleman!
Girl2: Nah, he is always so arrogant towards me!
Girl: He must not like you then.
The overall toby aesthetic, however, is not limited to the aforementioned stereotypes, and often shows influences typically associated with guidos, mid-to-late 90's "preps" or jocks, and even suburban American ravers.
(adj) exhibiting traits commonly associated with tobies
typical elements of toby style include:
- "fade" haircuts, often with heavily gelled and/or highlighted bangs
- an affinity for color schemes involving yellow and baby blue
- poorly-executed tattoos (usually tribal or just "ghetto")
- high-top athletic shoes (usually Nike)
- white baseball caps (worn backwards)
- visors (less popular in recent years)
- a "dirt lip" or "rat-stache"
- puka shell necklaces
- low-slung basketball shorts or baggy plaid board shorts
- "wifebeater" undershirts
- pierced ears (fake diamond studs or tiny hoops)
- tongue and eyebrow piercings
- cheap hip-hop-inspired jewelry
"Who? The one with the neck tattoo?"
"No the one with the Fox racing t-shirt. His bangs look like little icicles."
Group of Girls: Shut up he's amazing go watch your gay porn
Any girl would be lucky to have a Toby like this in their life and better appreciate him and give him lots of snuggles.
He also has a fan club that follow his every move and wish they were with him every minute of their lives.
Fanclubgurl#2 I'll grab the binoculars