Personally, I find the theatre entertaining once in a while, but after being dragged there once too often I absolutely detest it. I have always preferred films to plays.
v.) To do theatre is to do drama; to act; or to be a patron of the arts.
v.) I do theatre because I like challenges and it is a lot harder than acting in film.
2. Any space where a live performance is staged, usu. a building esp. with a stage; the equivalent of a church or shrine; where actors/actresses, directors, crew, and techies live
3. The art of live performance usu. of plays; for actors who want to get a role for their skill, not for their plastic surgery and/or eating disorder(s)
4. An all encompassing term for everything related to the art of live performance
2. "We have a rehearsal on Saturday from 1:00pm to 6:30pm at the theatre."
3. "I don't act in movies, I do live theatre"
4. "Yeah, I'm really into theatre."
1. A building in which live shows are performed for an audience. (Not to be confused with a movie theater)
2. A specific room or space designated for the performance of a live show.
3. The craft or study of creating live performances. (Not to be confused with film)
4. Used to describe one who is loud, 'artsy' and/or 'weird' and who has an interest in theatre.
5. For, of, or referring to the theatre.
1. I'm going to the theatre tonight
2. Bill is in the theatre, hanging lights.
3. What made you want to go to school for theatre?
4. She burst into song and dance while sweeping the floor at work; she's such a theatre kid.
5. We have theatre tickets for this evening.
1) A place where art is displayed.
2) A large structure containing a screen and projector where people pay to watch a movie or short film.
3.a) A place containing a stage for live performances of plays, musicals, music, and other various arts.
3.b) To do theatre.
Person 1: "Hey man I'm going to the theatre tonight to see Elysium! Would you like to come?"
Person 2: "Oh for a moment I thought you meant REAL theatre with REAL actors and re-"
Person 1: "Just shut up you pompous chimpshit."
Actor: "I am about to do live theatre, wish me luck!"
Director: "Go get'em, son!"
Actor: "Hello my friends, I give you STAGE THEATRE!"