The Woodlands is made up of mainly scene kids, skater, gangsters, anime freaks and preps, that's about it. There's a REALLY ghetto part, where Wilkerson Intermediate and Knox Junior High schools are, and then it's also home to one of the top 2 schools in the nation, College Park. Everyone hangs out at the mall and a LOT of people live in appartments. There's a mix of very low class people and extremely high class. It's not exactly a great place to visit if you're a tourist but living here is tight. everywhere you go youll see atleast one scene person. If you wear a lot of abercrombie or hollister you're considered a whore. Girls lose their virginity when they're 14. Other namesare: Weedlands, Hoodlands.
Man, that Rachel girl is such a whore! Ever since she moved to The Woodlands she's fucked every guy in the school.
I know! I heard she had sex with Harris last night, and right after that, Ryan!
What a slut.
You know you live in the woodlands when....
- you can valet park at the mall
- your dad makes more money in one week than your government teacher does in an entire year
- it isnt exciting anymore to pass a lamborghini, ferrari, or bentley on the road any given day
- at school you park between an h2 and an escalade
- you see about 500 bmws a day
- every girl, starting at the age of 12, has a coach purse
- your best friend's pregnant
- you've never shared a bathroom in your life
- the Texan cheerleaders perform at your high school pep rally
- you can talk to someone in Illinois and they assume that you must be rich
- nick lachey sings at your prom
- you have to ask permission to paint your house
- your high school is rated the snobbiest in America according to David Letterman
- if you have nothing to do you buy some beer and drive around
- one haircut can change your reputation
- myspace takes the place of homework
- lunch tables are individual and round
- you pay someone to hang your christmas lights and mow your lawn
- the maids come every other wednesday
- your parents own multiple houses
- you go to jamaica, thailand, spain, belize, or the bahamas on a regular basis
- you suck if you dont get a beach house for prom
- you go skiing every year
- your school field trips include New York and Europe
- deaths and car accidents are usual
- your school has more people in it than some colleges
- you have to schedule a...
Middle Class Burb that thinks a leased BMW 3 series, and a fat mortgage on a 300k tract home makes you rich.
The Woodlands is the land of the 80k a year millionaire.
Planned community north of Houston with strict homeowner guidelines assuring your neighbor won't paint their home purple, or pink, or some other whacko color. The residents pay LOTS of taxes to ensure it stays nice... with trees. Houston is one of the ugliest cities in America. The Woodlands is where those who care ... and can... escape from Houston. Lots of money but lots of driven people who work hard to earn their lifestyles. Ghetto? Not even close. Kids everywhere, upscale retail, fine dining, excellent public school system and a great selection of private schools from which to choose. What's not to like?
The Woodlands - Planned community north of Houston with strict homeowner guidelines.
The Woodlands is a census-designated place and master-planned community located in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Houston within Montgomery County, Texas. As of the 2000 census, the CDP had a total population of 55,649.Located about 30 miles north of Downtown Houston, The Woodlands is famous, as its name suggests, for incorporating the piney woods surrounding it with urban and suburban development. It was named one of the best master-planned communities in the country, and is one of the fastest-growing communities in Texas. The Woodlands is home to the Woodlands Town Center Improvement Distrct, a local governmental agency created by the Texas Legislature, The Woodlands Waterway, the 4 AAA Diamond Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, and The Woodlands Country Club, the only golf club in the nation to have six world-class golf courses. Almost all of the community is located in the city of Houston's extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) with a small portion lies in the corporate limits of Shenandoah.The Woodlands was founded by George P. Mitchell in 1974, who changed ownership of The Woodlands in the 1990's to a joint partnership between Morgan Stanley and Crescent Real Estate Equities. In January of 2004, Crescent sold their interest in The Woodlands to the Rouse Company, a development company familiar with master-planned communities. In 2004, the Rouse Company was sold to General Growth Properties Inc., another sh...more...
The least ghetto town in the world, The Woodlands is home to the #1 snobbiest high school in the United States, as named by Larry King himself. Despised throughout Texas for our superiority in everything except academics because the student population is mostly stoned off of their ass (all the time).
You know you live in the Woodlands when you:
Don't care about seeing Porche's anymore
Drop a quarter and don't bother picking it up
Complain about getting an '04 BMW instead of the '05 Benz that you wanted.
^^I don't know what they're talking about, but The Woodlands is anything but ghetto. Everyone here is a white Abercrombie & Fitch/Hollister clone who drives a BMW and carries a Dooney & Bourke bag. The girls all look the exact same. There is no origionality, individuality, or culture here at all. Get me out now.
Theres nothing to do in the Woodlands, so lets go roll in Oak Ridge.
I have read almost all of the posts about this place where I have lived my entire life. So here are some corrections to your "knowledge" about my home:
1. I'm not blond haired and blue eyed, and neither is at least 60% of the girls her.
2. We are not all stoned, all the time. Just because we have money doesn't mean we use drugs, although some do.
3. We have amazing achievements academically, people need to stop saying otherwise.
4. Most teenagers do not have brand new BMWs like some think, just because our parents do doesn't mean they will waste it on us.
5. Car accidents and deaths are NOT the norm, and it is very sad when that occurs.
6. Very few families own two houses. Once again, JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE MONEY DOESN'T MEAN WE JUST THROW IT AROUND WITHOUT EVEN CONSIDERING IT!!!!!!
7. People don't always cheat on there boyfriend/girlfriend and spread rumors and secrets.
8. Most high schoolers are fairly nice and hard working.
Those are just a few responses to the many people who hate the woodlands for no reason. I actually do want to leave this place once I graduate high school, but I don't hate it like people who don't know what they are talking about seem to.
Out of towner:"Everyone student in The Woodlands High School drives BMWs"
Student: "Um... I have a '97 Honda Civic, that I saved up to buy."
Out of towner: "Why? You live in The Woodlands."
Student: " THAT DOESN'T MEAN I GET EVERYTHING I WANT!!!"