Dodd: Yeh mate, she is The Don!
Kevin: She is fit, but she aint The Don.
If a person is the 'Don' then they are very good at something or are in charge. If something is the 'Don' then it is great, brilliant.
When saying this it is recognized in the individual that it comes from the mafia.
If someone has something donned then they have it owned.
and even phrases like "You had that donned"
Donned is also becoming a more frequently used word derived from 'the don'.
You can also say "The Don Delouise" (Excuse the spelling) which is an exclamation of how great someone or something is. Comes from the famous Mafia Don.
"I am the Don Delouise (at this)" means: I am brilliant (at this).
1. Mr.; Sir: a Spanish title prefixed to a man's given name (initial capital letter).
2. a lord or gentleman (in Spanish-speaking countries).
3. an Italian title of address, esp. for a priest (initial capital letter).
4. a person of great importance.
5. a head of a family or syndicate (in the Mafia).
6. The true baller of the crew; a generous man characterized by nobility and forbearance in thought or behavior; magnanimous, who does it big and is givin respect when he treats his boys.
- the don took care of it, I owe him.