4. Alternative word for "shit"
5. Company that will put you through hell before you can get ADSL with any ISP other than theirs.
6. Turned Australia into a broadband backwater.
Telstra Provides 3 Main Services:
1. Mobile Telecommunications Services
2. Land Line Telecommunication Services
3. Internet, both ADSL and Dialup Services
We we'll first start with there Mobile Phone Services. Bad Quality, Expensive, and Out of Range come to mind almost instantaneously. They charge you in 30 Second Blocks AUD$.38 per block. AUD$.20 connection, they are the most expensive in all of Australia. There CDMA Service is appaling. Go just 10KM out of the main cities and don't expect a signal. And as a result of them owning the equiptment, everyone else has to put up with there trash.
Next there Landline is also nothing to be happy about. Just for having it sitting there it Cost AUD$30 a Month. STD Calls aren't cheap, and neither are mobile calls, but that can be expected. In the country you wait about 2 Months for Service to come out. Oh and there was Rats at the Exchange of the old house.
There ADSL Service is just sad. They technology block there exchanges to nothing more than 1.5Mb/s Down and 256KB Up. I could be enjoying 8mb/1mb but Telstra owns the Equiptment. They recently announced Upgrading for ADSL2 and they are going to Technology Block that at 3-6Mb/s Down (24mb/s it could be). You pay AUD$30 for 256/64KB Broadband and get 200MB or 400MB Downloads.
So as we can see Telstra = Rubbish. Do what you can and find a Better Internet, Mobile and Telephone Services.
2. providers of internet that is a fucking rip-off
3. providers of internet that is so fucking slow that my gradma could crawl quicker