This may occur for several reasons:
1. The child is a space cadet (see def. of "space cadet")
2. The caretaker or parent is neglectful
3. The parent is a single parent
4. The child is a real crap head and hard to control
5. The child is child #10 of 15
Term and definition may also apply to other common department stores such as: "Walmart baby" "Walgreens baby" or "99 cents store baby."
Customer: "Awww! He's soo cute! Who's his mother?"
Store Clerk: "I don't know... Just another Target baby."
Customer: "People just let their kids wander off like that?!"
Store Clerk: "Yeup. I get them all the time. I've had a whole multicultural family since I've been working here. Black baby, white baby, Mexican baby, Asian baby.. it don't matter."
Guurrl: "Hey! Who dat?!"
Guy: "Idk somebody's baby y?"
Guurrl: "Well she iz Cute!
Guy: "Wonder where her muma is?"
Guurrl: "Hey y'all who baby is dis?! ... No one?! Aright!! Come hurr lil Target baby! You goin' home wit mee!
Guurrl: "Daz right! Muma! Muma luvs u!"