Straight Edge means Not doing drugs, Not drinking, Not having casual sex unless in a relationship.
Kids in local music scenes seem to think that they are cool by labeling themselves as Straight Edge, most of them dont know what the fuck there talking about and run all over the place (like thoughs in a gay parade) letting everyone know how cool and Straight Edge they are. These are the kids that need to grow up. You can not drink and not do drugs without having some retarded label. Its simply just another dumb fad that the "scene" kids think is cool.
The people who are really straight edge are people over the age of 19 who dont feel that drugs, drinking and casual sex are a very healthy life choice, these are usually respectable people who do not tattoo "XXX" on themselves or swing there arms and legs in some "dance pit" at a local show to show how HARDCORE and STRAIGHT EDGE they are.
Real straight edgers also dont force there views on people and yell straight edge everytime they see someone with a beer or a joint in there hand.
They also wont call themselves straight edge, they just are they dont need to parade.
band member-"After the show tonight stick around and get drunk"
stupid scene kid-"FUCKING STRAIGHT EDGE!"
drunk fan-"Who the fuck are you? Im gunna kick your ass you stupid scene kid, nobody cares that you dont drink!"
other crowd members- "BITCH!" "THAT KIDS A BITCH"
stupid scene kid- "I dont care what anybody thinks! IM gunna STAY GOLD"
|Straight Edge images|
Originated from the punkrock/hardcore scene. The philosophy/life-choice that humans should have strength, pride, dignity, honor, and self respect; that they shouldn't engage in activities that are a disgrace to their minds and bodies. (such as ingesting and/or becoming addicted to harmful substances for fun, lying and/or being two-faced, and sharing your body sexually with another person when there isn't even a true emotional bond there)
I'm straight edge you fuck, so no I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs.
A board, or piece of wood or metal, having one edge perfectly straight, used to ascertain whether a line is straight or a surface even, and for drawing straight lines.
"Are you straight edge?"
"Did you just call me a fucking ruler?"
Straight edge is basically living a clean life without drugs, drinking and casual sex. It's living a poison free and keeping yourself safe. It is a choice and it does not make you better or worse than anyone. We all make choices and some choose to be straight edge and some don't. Yes, it's true that some people will stop being sXe when they turn 21 but that is just another choice. Straight Edge is a way of life but has now been formed into a trend. Out there, there are true edgers.
3)no promiscuous sex
4) Yes, we do have fun
If you're really straight edge, you don't need to go telling everyone about it, it's something you do for YOURSELF. 99% of the morons with X's on their hands are posers/scenesters obsessed with fashioncore.
Example: A lot of the girls on the "girls gone wild" commercials have big black X's on their hand but they're taking off their clothes for cash. How is that respecting their bodies?
The term originates from a song by "Minor Threat" putting forth the value of a clear mind and a healthy body.
Times as they are, there are now three kinds of sXe'rs.
1. Those who understand what it means. People who value clarity and wish to avoid altered states of perception, poisoning the body, or unsettling the mind. No drugs, some even avoid medicinal drugs as these can alter state of mind. No drinking to excess, as this can alter the mind and poison the body. No promiscuous sex, you got me on this one. These people are, 99% of the time, decent people who see their choices for what they are, choices, nothing more, nothing less.
2. Insecure gits. People who wish to place themselves on a self appointedly superior moral platform, then proceed to brag about how much better they are than everyone else. No drugs. No drink. No Promiscuous sex. No meat. No/very few friends, as few other than those who share their views can stand to be around them for more than ten minutes without driving a lit candle, wick first, into their eye, and injecting them with lighter fluid through the ear.
3. Hardliners. All the stupidity of number two, with knuckledusters. No drugs. No drink. No promiscuous sex. No meat 9 times out of ten. All the clarity with none of the intelligence.
1. I chose not to do drugs, you chose otherwise. *shrugs*
2. Stop poisoning my air you arrogant ignorant smokers!
X No drugs, X no alocohol, and X no casual seX
Im not straight edge to be different. Im straight edge because I know its right. Why do I want to get fucked up and forget all the shit that I did that night? No thanks, I want to enjoy my life by remembering it. Think for yourself.
straight edge (sXe)consists of the 3 X's
X- no recreational drug use (includes caffeine- which is a stimulant drug; some will accept drugs such as codeine or morphine for medicinal purposes)
X- no alcohol (some go as far as no Ny-Quil or Day-Quil because they include alcohol)
X- no casual (it doesn't mean abstinence, it means that you won't have one-night stands, but will wait until you are in a commited relationship to have sex.)
People have associated sXe as gang affiliation, but it is a way of life such as vegetarianism or celebasy. it is a way of life that consists of not poisoning your body with ignorance and sustaining a healthy lifestyle.
i am straight edge and for all the people who think it is the "popular" thing to do, you're wrong, and should accept it as a good thing because atleast there will be a few less drug-addicts, alcoholics, or AIDS carriers coming to a town near you!!!!