1) Committed people honestly dedicated to keeping their body clean of all toxins for life. While I couldn't live your extremely pure lifestyle, I fully respect your choice to do so, more power to you.
2) Scenester kids who think because sXe is underground it automatically becomes "cool" and start wearing bandannas and the "X" on their hands. Even though I'm not sXe personally, speaking on behalf of friends who are, when you don't make a commitment to the philosophy, you just seem foolish.
3) Hardliners, the people who follow the philosophy to the letter, but more importantly will engage in mass ass-kicking of anyone who doesn't. Now, here's where my disagreement comes into play towards the hardliners. If you want to stay pure as possible, good for you, but for you to harass or assault anyone having a beer responsibly or eating a hamburger for pete's sake, you're a fucking idiot. Case closed.
4) Elitists, the people who honestly believe that because they are sXe, they are automatically better than people who aren't. Listen up elitist fools, (and especially the one who called me evil this past weekend for having 1 beer at a restaurant) whether you want to believe it or not, you're human just as we all are, and just because you keep yourself pure does NOT make you "better" than other people. Real sXe'rs dislike you because your high and mighty attitude discredits their philosophy, as well they should.
Scenester: "sXe is cool, yeah!"
Hardliner: "How dare you drink a beer! I'll kick your ass!"
Elitist: "Being straight edge means I'm better than you!"
A cool sxe sticker found at your local hot topic. =D
straight edge kids wear x's as shown here
this is what straight edge kids do, play card games and drink red bull.
a sxe show (bane)
Times as they are, there are now three kinds of sXe'rs.
1. Those who understand what it means. People who value clarity and wish to avoid altered states of perception, poisoning the body, or unsettling the mind. No drugs, some even avoid medicinal drugs as these can alter state of mind. No drinking to excess, as this can alter the mind and poison the body. No promiscuous sex, you got me on this one. These people are, 99% of the time, decent people who see their choices for what they are, choices, nothing more, nothing less.
2. Insecure gits. People who wish to place themselves on a self appointedly superior moral platform, then proceed to brag about how much better they are than everyone else. No drugs. No drink. No Promiscuous sex. No meat. No/very few friends, as few other than those who share their views can stand to be around them for more than ten minutes without driving a lit candle, wick first, into their eye, and injecting them with lighter fluid through the ear.
3. Hardliners. All the stupidity of number two, with knuckledusters. No drugs. No drink. No promiscuous sex. No meat 9 times out of ten. All the clarity with none of the intelligence.
2. Stop poisoning my air you arrogant ignorant smokers!