I made the decision years ago not to drink/smoke/do drugs... and I don't want to sound like an idiot but even if the opportunity was there to sleep around I wouldn't anyway. I decided all this before I'd even heard of straight-edge, infact I only found out about it last night when I was hanging out with my drinking, smoking friends.
And I'm pleased that the term straight edge is about because it means I have something easier to say if anybody offers me any of the above.
I also appreciate that for some people it's part of the whole non-conformity thing, like following the emo trend... Where they are conforming to non-conformity, if you get what I mean.
But it's unfair to assume that 'straight-edgers' go around in gangs beating the crap out of people because they're smoking. All my friends drink, and all my friends smoke, and most of my friends'll happily sleep around... I just sit there with my bottle of water and enjoy myself like they do.
So you folks on here that call us fags/losers can sod off because that's simply not true in all cases.
THIS DID NOT HAPPEN, BUT HYPERTHETICALLY/BORINGLY:
Friend of mine before he knew me: D'you drink?
Friend of mine before he knew me: D'you smoke?
Friend of mine before he knew me: D'you do drugs?
Friend of mine before he knew me: So you're straight edge then?
Me: Urm, I guess so.
Friend of mine before he knew me: Cool, I respect that.
Me: That's good then, I also respect your decisions.
Photos & Videos
A cool sxe sticker found at your local hot topic. =D
straight edge kids wear x's as shown here
this is what straight edge kids do, play card games and drink red bull.
a sxe show (bane)
Originated from the punkrock/hardcore scene. The philosophy/life-choice that humans should have strength, pride, dignity, honor, and self respect; that they shouldn't engage in activities that are a disgrace to their minds and bodies. (such as ingesting and/or becoming addicted to harmful substances for fun, lying and/or being two-faced, and sharing your body sexually with another person when there isn't even a true emotional bond there)
I'm straight edge you fuck, so no I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs.
A board, or piece of wood or metal, having one edge perfectly straight, used to ascertain whether a line is straight or a surface even, and for drawing straight lines.
"Are you straight edge?"
"Did you just call me a fucking ruler?"
Straight edge is basically living a clean life without drugs, drinking and casual sex. It's living a poison free and keeping yourself safe. It is a choice and it does not make you better or worse than anyone. We all make choices and some choose to be straight edge and some don't. Yes, it's true that some people will stop being sXe when they turn 21 but that is just another choice. Straight Edge is a way of life but has now been formed into a trend. Out there, there are true edgers.
3)no promiscuous sex
4) Yes, we do have fun
a lifetime commitment never to drink, smoke, or do drugs. some people include abstainence from promiscuous sex. others abstain from caffeine. started in the hardcore/punk scene of the early 1980's in Washington DC.
Earth Crisis are gods of the straightedge movement.
February 28, 2005
If you're really straight edge, you don't need to go telling everyone about it, it's something you do for YOURSELF. 99% of the morons with X's on their hands are posers/scenesters obsessed with fashioncore
Example: A lot of the girls on the "girls gone wild" commercials have big black X's on their hand but they're taking off their clothes for cash. How is that respecting their bodies?
The term originates from a song by "Minor Threat" putting forth the value of a clear mind and a healthy body.
Times as they are, there are now three kinds of sXe'rs.
1. Those who understand what it means. People who value clarity and wish to avoid altered states of perception, poisoning the body, or unsettling the mind. No drugs, some even avoid medicinal drugs as these can alter state of mind. No drinking to excess, as this can alter the mind and poison the body. No promiscuous sex, you got me on this one. These people are, 99% of the time, decent people who see their choices for what they are, choices, nothing more, nothing less.
2. Insecure gits. People who wish to place themselves on a self appointedly superior moral platform, then proceed to brag about how much better they are than everyone else. No drugs. No drink. No Promiscuous sex. No meat. No/very few friends, as few other than those who share their views can stand to be around them for more than ten minutes without driving a lit candle, wick first, into their eye, and injecting them with lighter fluid through the ear.
3. Hardliners. All the stupidity of number two, with knuckledusters. No drugs. No drink. No promiscuous sex. No meat 9 times out of ten. All the clarity with none of the intelligence.
1. I chose not to do drugs, you chose otherwise. *shrugs*
2. Stop poisoning my air you arrogant ignorant smokers!
X No drugs, X no alocohol, and X no casual seX
Im not straight edge to be different. Im straight edge because I know its right. Why do I want to get fucked up and forget all the shit that I did that night? No thanks, I want to enjoy my life by remembering it. Think for yourself.