1. There are black people on Staten Island! It isn't all Italian.
2. There is no dump and hasn't been since 2001.
3. The air is seriously polluted but it doesn't smell.
4. There's five sections of Staten Island, the North Shore, the South Shore, the West Shore, Mid-Island, and the SI Mall.
5. All the black/hispanic/non-white people live on the North Shore (Above the highway). All the white people live in the other sections.
6. There are over 7 sets of project buildings on Staten Island.
7. There are very rough, and unsafe areas on Staten Island's North Shore.
8. There's three bus lines that go to Brooklyn and one to Jersey.
9. North Shore Staten Island people don't travel to the other parts of SI and only see them at the Mall and the Ferry.
10. "Guidos" from the South Shore are scared of the North Shore!
Bronx Person: "Damnn..i thought only white ppl live dere"
You or someone you know has more than one matching velour sweat suits in their closet. You can smell the dump from your house but you're so used to the smell that you don't notice it anymore. You've gotten into a screaming match over a parking spot. Someone you know has a lifetime membership to Tanning Loft. Everyone you know claims to be 'connected.' You've hung out in a parking lot. You know the difference between Richmond Rd., Richmond Ave., and Richmond Terrace. You know that 'Mike' owns all the good diners. You refer to every highway on the island as 'The Expressway.' You've been cut off by a souped up Honda Accord with earth shaking bass playing. You have chased someone for cutting you off just to give them the finger. A development of townhouses has recently sprung up in your neighborhood. The shocks in your car are shot because you hit pot holes every 2 feet. You have the need to look at the people in the car next to you when stopped at a red light to see if it someone you know. You know never to walk on South Beaches sand with out Shoes. You've seen Method Man in the Mall at least once. The Monastery and Sea View aren't scary, just another place to drink. You own a North Face jacket. Everybody and their mother has a Nextel. You wave at the weird leg guy when you pass the North Shore, and sometimes he waves back.
2) A place where the makeup is thick and the accents are thicker.
3) Where Italian people go to die
4) The forgotten borough of New York City
Manhatten and Brooklyn are extreemly close to Staten as well as Jersey City so its difficult to get bored if you live here. The south shore and north shore differ in that the north shore is more urbanized then the south.
A lot of Staten Island residents have a heavy accent, when the Verrazano bridge went up many families from Brooklyn flooded the island. Access to the rest of the city is unique in that the train line ends in St George and you board a ferry boat that takes you to Manhatten. As you pass the statue of liberty and approach the city the view is awesome.
Staten Island is home of Wu.
Staten Island: Annadale, Arden Heights, Bay Terrace, Bulls Head, Castleton Corners, Clifton, Concord, Dongan Hills, Elm Park, Eltingville, Emerson Hill, Grant City, Grasmere, Great Kills, Greenridge, Grymes Hill, Huguenot, Mariners Harbor, Midland Beach, New Brighton, New Dorp, New Springville, Oakwood, Park Hill, Pleasant Plains, Port Richmond, Prince's Bay, Richmondtown, Rosebank, Rossville, South Beach, St. George, Stapleton, Todt Hill, Tompkinsville, Tottenville, Travis, Westerleigh, West New Brighton, Willowbrook.
Sucker#2: Staten Island sucks cause it only got one trainline, whats up with that?
Sucker#3: Everyone from Staten Island is a punk wigger or gangster, but I never been there.
Brooklyn with parking.
A place where, it seems, the majority of people (at least the ones who care to contribute to this website) cannot spell.
A place where I've lived most of my life(and my parents too), while I still manage to be educated, gainfully employed, accentless and of normal skin tone. There are a lot of us.
"Wow, you don't sound like it.'
Also, where i live. -.-; The garbe hole of the world.