- being ugly
- having a bad dress sense
- being socially unpopular or a social reject (in a community common of the 'state' and the person referring to them as a state)
- having a feature which causes them to be identified as a state, ie bad hair or a bad physique)..
- having a 'bad personality' ie they may be referred to as a state because they are spiteful or ignorant towards others, or particularly to the person referring to them as a state.
All of the above are examples of reasons which are opinions of the person referring to others as states.
A common phrase used to describe someone or something extremely 'statish', usually a situation, is 'United State of...' (see example #4).
2 - Those kids are such states - Look at what they're wearing!
3 - Can you believe the statishness of them? Their hairstyles are all so statish.
4 - United State of Arsenal losing to Chelsea!
Arrogant Californian: No, actually my state is far superior to yours in that its educational system far surpasses...blah,blah,blah....
Insignificant Maine-Dweller: Um...go Maine?
1. An exclamation of surprise (usually shock).
2. An adjective meaning bad/poor.
3. An adjective meaning good (similar to how "sick" is used).
2. "Have you seen that toilet? It's well state"
3. "I did a turbo last night, it were well state"
Girl: "Oh, state"
"Omg, your such a fucking state"
"Lol, omg state of it!!!"
2. A government power that acts as an authority over a geographical area. (The states in the United States of America have a federal government.)
2. California is a state within the United States of America