Noun - A state is someone who is regarded in a negative way for one reason or another. These reasons consist of:
- being ugly
- having a bad dress sense
- being socially unpopular or a social reject (in a community common of the 'state' and the person referring to them as a state)
- having a feature which causes them to be identified as a state, ie bad hair or a bad physique)..
- having a 'bad personality' ie they may be referred to as a state because they are spiteful or ignorant towards others, or particularly to the person referring to them as a state.
All of the above are examples of reasons which are opinions of the person referring to others as states.
A common phrase used to describe someone or something extremely 'statish', usually a situation, is 'United State of...' (see example #4).
1 - Jenny's such a state/Jenny's so statish - she's very ugly, dresses like shit
and she's really nasty to me sometimes.
2 - Those kids are such states - Look at what they're wearing!
3 - Can you believe the statishness of them? Their hairstyles are all so statish.
4 - United State of Arsenal losing to Chelsea!
Something that stupid people argue about on UrbanDictionary.com
Stupid Texan: Huh-huh! Ma' state's way better then yur's!(yuk) Don't mess with Texas! Huh-huh!
Arrogant Californian: No, actually my state is far superior to yours in that its educational system far surpasses...blah,blah,blah....
Insignificant Maine-Dweller: Um...go Maine?
A word used in UK slang which can mean:
1. An exclamation of surprise (usually shock).
2. An adjective meaning bad/poor.
3. An adjective meaning good (similar to how "sick" is used).
1. "Did you know that Fred crashed his car last night?", "Woah, state".
2. "Have you seen that toilet? It's well state"
3. "I did a turbo
last night, it were well state"
1. (political) A legitimized institute of criminal plunder having self-appointed and immutable power of force over all persons within its geographic boundaries.
Acting with impunity, the state will take your money, your life, and the lives of your children, unless you voluntarily offer them first.
Slang for Canadians talking about the United States of America
"My brother just flew up from the States. He was visiting our cousin in Alabama."
Adj. - Pertaining to a State School or University. Used for describing pride for all school associated events, including athletics.
"Did you see that kid with his face painted blue and white? He is so STATE!"
The word state comes from the phrase "look at the state of it" and meaning just that. One fine day the phrase "state of it!" and "Oh my god!" were accidentally merged to form "Oh my state" which is still used but has been shortened to form the word "state". A state is either a retarded person, or an unfortunate or stupid situation.
Boy: "Look, that guy just fell over"
Girl: "Oh, state"
"Omg, your such a fucking state"
"Lol, omg state of it!!!"
1. A condition or collection of circumstances.
2. A government power that acts as an authority over a geographical area. (The states in the United States of America have a federal government
1. I am insane; my state of mind is poor.
2. California is a state within the United States of America