1. (Noun, Slang). A five-dollar bill used to purchase coffee or other needless items with inflated prices.
2. (Noun, Slang). A service rendered for the amount of $5, any service that you may attribute the value of only five dollars. A medial, mundane, or demeaning task.
3. (Noun, singular). An over-priced drink at a coffee-mill made by foreign child-laborers.
4. (Verb, Slang). A term used to express a punch from an open-hand attack. As the palm makes contact, the fingers stab the surrounding area of the target, making extra asskickin power.
5. (Noun, plural). The designated amount of American Currency used to purchase exactly 1 (one) cup of tasty coffee from the largest coffee chain in the Universe. One Green, Aberham Lincoln, $5 bill. The equivalent of one tank of gas for your car at it's peak time.
1. "Hey, check out this awesome rap
CD I bought in the alley from a crack-dealer
for just a Starbuck!"
2. Samantha - "Hey, can you pick up my jacket
from the cleaners?"
Mike - "Sure, I'll do it for a Starbuck..."
Samanatha - "No way, dude... I'm never washin your whites
3. "Oops! I gotta go, I'm late for work
and I still gotta grab a Starbuck before I get back to my stupid job
4. "You keep runnin your mouth, and Ima starbuck you in the chin, muthafucka
5. Jim - "Hey, do you have 5 bucks I can borrow
so I can get to work?"
Sally - "Sorry... This is my last $5 bucks
and I haven't had my coffee
Jim - "What?!"
Sally - "I can't... IT'S my LAST StarBUCK!"
Where you're going to end up if you get a master's degree in the following:
1) Art History
2) Fine Arts
"I know the barista at this Starbucks: she was in my 'Critical Analysis of James Joyce' class in college!"
A major coffee chain that people obviously think is the devil's brew. Starbucks is apparently 'The Man' taking over the Earth.
Naysayer: "I hate Starbucks! It's turning America into mindless clones!"
Me: "Dude, get over it. It's just coffee. Let me drink my frappuchino in peace."
Starbucks, also known as, crack for rich people.
Junkie 1: Dude, my drug dealer got shot yesterday. What am I going to do?
Junkie 2: Lets go to Starbucks and get a Mocha.
Junkie 1: No there's no way I could afford that.
Junkie 2: I guess you'll just have to stick to inhaling cans of computer Dust-off again.
Despite what the "free thinkers" will tell you about how Starbucks is somehow going to take over the world (this isn't Austin Powers), their coffee is pretty good. I figured we would have learned our lesson from South Park.
Jilly: Starbucks is so dumb. Only sheep go there.
Billy: Yes, I'm sure sheep would probably enjoy the taste of good coffee as well.
A widespread corporation that makes coffee, i don't care if it is 'the mans' way of drinking coffee, its is delicious. Granted, i don't like their stylings, like the smooth jazz playing in every branch, or the artsy fartsy stuff on the walls, or the names like decaf white chocolate bold mocha latte with cream, and then the description is, a bold, intriguing beverage, but i just like the coffee
ex.1: some guy: dude, i can't believe you bought that £2 coffee from 'the corporation'
me: shut up and let me drink my coffee
ex.2: me: what is a java mocha latte?
clerk: it is an invigorating, intriguing, bold bevarage from the foothills of mexico
me: does it taste good?
clerk: uuuh i don't know
ex.3: preppy scenester: oh, i love the smooth jazz stylings and intriguing art of this place (sips coffee) oh, this coffe is so smooth
me: shut up and let me drink my coffee
A chain that sells coffee and other coffee based products.
I went to Starbucks and got coffee. Got a problem?
A clean and convenient coffee-related beverage provider that allows one to go get a consistently good cup of coffee no matter what town/airport you might be stuck in at the moment. Also, a delightful refuge from the hordes of "hometown" coffee shops run by people with bad attitudes who think they're too good for their jobs and intend to take that fact out on you for bothering to want a beverage served by them in the first place...
See also: A place that the average "Anti-popular-culture-trend-is" Spaz, likes to deride in large groups in order to clearly distinguish themselves from "The Man", "Yuppies," "Rich People", etc. Even though, they'd sell out in a second if they had a chance.
Example: No matter where I travel, I'm always able to order my "decaf-iced-soy-latte" and know that they'll make it right, thanks to the good people at Starbucks.