Urban altern-a-chicks and Metrosexuals don't live in apartments, homes, houses, pads or places, they live in 'Spaces'.
'Spaces' are very similar to apartments, but are not apartments. if you call it an apartment you will be corrected ("no, this is my 'Space'").
'Spaces' contain many of the same amenities as apartments (heat, running water, doors, walls, etc.) but have some notable differences:
*A futon or mattress on the floor instead of a bed.
*Furniture is a mixture 'found' and Ikea.
*Beverages available in a 'Space' are limited to tea, organic juice, wine and bottled water.
*Food available in a 'Space' is a mixture of organic vegetables, takeout, and salmon.
*'If it's yellow let it mellow...' is strictly enforced in a 'Space'.
*All art in a 'Space' is made by the inhabitant or the inhabitant's friends.
*'Spaces' are generally found in a low-income area, so the inhabitant can "keep it real" and avoid the label of a 'sell out' or 'Yuppie'. The inhabitant is generally oblivious to the irony of they're participation in gentrification.
*The most likely guest to a 'Space' is not a boyfriend/girlfriend, but a 'partner'. Metrosexuals and couch hippies are also likely to be found visiting.
*'Spaces' are often divided into sub-spaces (listed in order of importance: 'Art-space', 'Cooking-space', 'Living-space', 'Sleeping/Loving-space') and a Shitter.
Altern-a-chick:"Come see my new 'Space', I just moved in."
Me:"Do you mean your apartment?"
Altern-a-chick:"No, my 'Space'"
the final frontier
The measurable gap between a woman's thighs when standing with her feet together. Used as a term to express that a woman has feminine hips but thin, lean legs. Used among men to describe women with low body fat percentage. Used as a feature expressing a woman has a great body or a group of women have generally great bodies.
1) That runway model has epic space!
2) That girl is hot because she has the space.
3) There is great space in Southern California.
4) I'll tell you what turns me on about a woman...space.
5) She was hot until she let herself fall apart and she lost her space.
Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindboggingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
Source: The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
What my girlfriend demands the next day after we have sex. SPACE is required for her to have time to pretend it didn't happen and that we have not actually been dating for more than a month.
A constant state of relationship suppression.
Sorry, but I need some space now. I'll call you in a week.
1. The area outside our planetary environment. We are largely ignorant about most of it. We're so ignorant we have no idea exactly how much of it there is to be ignorant about. This explains why they call it space: There's a buttload of it.
2. This character right here ----> <------
3. To forget what you needed to do for no apparent reason.
4. Touchy-feely term for emotional distance.
1. In space, no one can hear you whimper like a little girl.
2. " " There, there's a free one for ya.
3. Dude, I totally spaced Grandma's funeral!
4. "Bob, I just feel like I need some space..."
"What the fuck does that mean?"
"Let me finish... I need some space... without you in it..."
disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.
fuck no! i'm not going into space!
An Aromatic Herbal Blend that can be bought in your local head shop. Space gets you higher than most Marijuana, and its legal in the USA.
Lets smoke space! Lets go to space!