a town in "Michiana" where fun goes to die
If it weren't for all the crack heads and cheap whores, South Bend would almost tolerable.
A wonderful city, full of trashy people who all think they are the full mental and spiritual peak of existence because they own a 1992 neon with a spoiler and shitty stereo speakers. A heaven where whites hate blacks, blacks hate whites, and asians charge way too much for shitty buffet lunches. Where kids if they even graduate from high school, move on to their parents basement for the rest of their lifes, while working at Barnabys, which totally makes it acceptable. A city with a crime rate higher than new yorks per capita crime rate, but hey you were just in the wrong neighborhood, which apparently means EVERY neighborhood unless you hop the gate into one of the really nice houses fenced in on Jefferson. where all the trashy multiracial, but mainly white and black rich kids drive in circles and try to beat people up for driving down mckinley. What a GREAT CITY.
"Aw man, you want to cruise the strip with us?"
"no how about I just blow my brains out instead."
"We're going over to tony's(everyone knows a tony there) and we're gonna do coke and get drunk and get high" "but its 2 in the afternoon on a tuesday""yeah so?"
"where you staying at now?" "I'm over at my moms place" "you're 40!" "so?" "atleast I have a job." "where?" "I make pizzas at barnabys"
Newest Billboards for town say,
"South Bend, don't get caught between lydac and osceola after sunset!""lincolnway, highway through hell"
"dude check out the new sound system my buddy tyreese got in his 84 caprice!" "What, the entire trunk is about to fall off!""yeah, well he had to drill a hole through the lock so his subs don't get stolen again" "thats it, I'm moving. Fuck this town."
A wormhole in the Midwest where cool is defined by your pickup truck and how many Buds you can shotgun in a sitting. Also known as the home of Notre Dame, which tries to pretend it's not a part of South Bend by creating its own city.more...
You know you're from South Bend when...
- You have to tell out-of-towners you're from South Bend when you're really from Mishawaka or Granger, and append that statement with "you know, where Notre Dame is"
- You make more money selling parking on your front lawn during ND football season than at your minimum wage job at UP Mall
- No matter what ND coach you get, you think he's going to return the program to its glory days. Case examples: Bob, Ty and Charlie
- You prefer Bud over Amstel because why would you get a twelve-pack when you can get a case for the same price?
- You refer to your weekdays by bar names, i.e. Corby Tuesdays, Rum Runner Wednesdays
- You are tailgating in autumn Saturdays
- You get your booze in Michigan on Sundays
- You know what Dyngus Day is and don't see anything eccentric about having a holiday devoted to beer and Polish sausage
- Steak N' Shake on a Friday night after the football game is a revered tradition. Letter jackets and warm-ups mandatory.
- You've ridden the kiddie bikes up and down the Meijer toy aisle on a random Friday night
- You think you're too good for Wal-mart, but you'd still buy clothes at Meijer
- Birthday parties as a kid were spent at USA Roller Rink, Chu...
Small city in Indiana which is the home of Notre Dame and nothing much more besides places to drink and smoke.A place where a lack of anything to leads to ND obsession and more excess in drugs and alcohol.Cited as the home of Umphreys Mcgee, tightest band on the planet. Diverse area with a very large Polish population.Very segregated with clear "ethnic" areas.
South Bend Monday - doing nothing.
SB Tuesday - doing nothing.
SB Wednesday - doing nothing.
SB Thursday - doing nothing.
SB Friday - getting high and listening to Umphreys wondering where to go.
SB Saturday - getting drunk as hell at ND tailgating .
SB Sunday - going to church and begging God for forgiveness.
A decent college town in northern Indiana that is the center of Michiana. Students from the University of Notre Dame almost always hate South Bend because they are afraid to live outside of the "bubble" which is Notre Dame, Indiana. These people are apart of the large population of college students in the nation who hate the town they go to school in, regardless of what town it is. They hate South Bend because it represents the real world with real people and problems, and is not filled with conceited, elitest, white ignorant college kids who overestimate their own self-importantance fueled by Keystone Light. Notre Dame reaps in billions of dollars a year and yet will not act like the Catholic school it claims to be and assist the community with its problems (homelessness, aiding Catholic schools in the area, feeding/clothing the hungry are just a few).
How do you get a Notre Dame grad off your front porch? Pay him for the pizza and tell him to leave South Bend!
A city in Indiana that a lot of people wouldn't know about if it weren't for Notre Dame. It's boring sometimes, but can be a good place to live if you're in the right area. Lots of teens can be found kickin' it at the only places for entertainment, which are: the skating rinks, the movie theatres, Wal-Mart, and U.P. mall. Every season in South Bend is extreme. Do not come here if you came from a big city, unless you like disappointment and lower standards.
Where are you from?" "South Bend." "What?" "It really doesn't matter..
A town with more bars than churches and schools combined. And where the exceptable form of everyday entertainment is to go to the american legion post and drink every night of the week. Bringing your kids along to play pool is also common.
"Lets go down to the Legion in South Bend and drink and hussle pool kids!"