The good: -Beatiful countryside. (forests, snowpeaked mountains, lakes)
- Plenty of historical buildings and museums
- Lots of clubs and places of entertainment
- Slovakia along with the Czech Republic have the most beatiful women in europe.
- It plays some of the best hockey in the world and produced players like Demitra, Satan, Hossa, Gaborik...etc
- Horrible government, corrupt, greedy uncaring.
- The eastern part of the country is always forgotten about when it comes to economic development. therofre the eastern part is a little bit behind the western. it is a bit more run-down
- Slovakia gets some really bad rep from idiotic movies like eurotrip and hostel. i wish they stop picking the eastern european countries as the most run-down cespools on the planet. THEY ARE NOT.
This has been a relatively unbiased look on my country. you can take from it what you want. if you are not convinced you should always visit the place and formulate your own opinion.
It's image is ruined by stupid movies such as Eurotrip and Hostel.
The producers think that since Slovakia is such a small country, and no one knows about it, that they can pick on it.
I suggest everyone goes to visit for it is a wonderful place to visit.
Slovak: Z Martina. (From Martin)
Czech: Kde to kurva je, vole?
(Where da fuck is dat, man?)
Slovak: Na strednom Slovensku, ty kokot èeský! (It´s in Central Slovakia, you checkhead!)