common Scottish term meaning "unfair" used in everyday vocabulary
"he went n confiscated ma i.d. so ah cannae get ma bucky n that ken"
"that's well shan like"
This is a male name.
Shan means prestige and honor.
This name is associated with individuals of great honor and prestige.
Wow dude you live a life of Shan.
A person who you would rather be with.
Someone who would put a smile on your face, someone who would always be there for you.
"I feel sad" - girl 1
"Did you try talking to Shan?" - girl 2
Shan is someone who you can count on and can trust.
Boy: Why is there no one you can trust nowadays
Girl: Well i know someone who is always there and i can trust
To shan someone is to sexually harass a person in a social setting such as in a club, a bar, a house party, ... in an unashamed and perverted fashion. Often done by virgins and closet gays as a way to appear as "playas" in front of their peers.
Dude I went clubbing with this douchebag the other day, and he just totally attempted to shan some girl. She ran away crying and he was like "bro she's totally lesbo, she's lucky I even wanted to shan her".
A word English chavs think is their own unique word but it's just another from Scots which has been in regular use in Scotland for hundreds of years. Earliest example from the work of Allan Ramsay, a Scots makar from the 17th century.
Has a variety of meanings including worn-out, unfair, frightened, and more. Of obscure origin. Possibly from old Scottish Gaelic 'sean', meaning old, worn, ancient.
yeah man, that's shan innit?!
using Scots words again, minger?
wot you on abaht? this is ours! we invented it man!
1) A Northern English scally term used to express unfairness:
2) A Northern English scally term used to vocalise embarrassment:
3) A Buddhist word to describe the compassionate fundamental nature of Great Enlightened Beings...
1) Wayne: "Maccy D's have barred us it's proper shan... tho I s'pose I did pull me kecks down and throw a pickle at a member of staff..."
2) "Your uncle is Pat Sharp... what a shan!!"
(To make a shan of oneself is to publicly embarrass oneself. ie "I made a shan of myself." Shant is it's past participle. ie "I was pure shant last night" or "I was shant reet up like, eh!")
3) man: "Dalai Lama... why is it that the more I think of people's inherently loving nature, my compassion for humanity grows?"
Dalai Lama: "You're pure shan...."