Wormwood Scrubs, locally known as The Scrubs, is a 200 acre open space located in West London and it has an unenviable record in terms of crimes committed there.
"I had visions of the Scrubs, or worse, concrete slippers and a dip in the Thames."
Irvine Welsh - "The Acid House"
1. A very funny sitcom on NBC that has no laugh track (nor needs one).
2. Clothing worn by hospital staff in the workplace. It's easier to clean blood or vomit stains out of scrubs than out of a suit shirt and they're a lot cheaper to replace.
3. In sports, players who aren't talented enough to be in the starting lineup and spend most of their time on the bench.
4. According to the TLC song, somebody without a job or car or his own place, i.e. the kind of guy who T-Boz, Left Eye and Chilli were all too stuck up to consider dating or hanging out with. A scrub was a guy who couldn't get no love from them even if he was a nice guy; since he had no material possessions they wanted nothing to do with him. This was probably just as well, since if the scrub in question did have a house of his own and impressed Lisa (RIP) enough to date her, it would only be a matter of time before she set it on fire.
1. Michael J. Fox guest-starred on Scrubs last night.
2. Aw man, this patient just puked all over my scrubs!
3. People thought Darko Milicic would be a starter for the Detroit Pistons in 2003-2004, but he was just a scrub and hardly got any playing time.
4. TLC: "A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me/And is also known as a buster/Always talkin' about what he wants/And just sits on his broke ass..."
Me: "Hey surviving TLC members! Didn't you girls have to declare bankrupty at one point? Seems to me like you're the last people who should be judging anybody for being broke!"
Seriously the funniest show television. It's about a guy JD and his best friends Turk, Elliot and Carla, who all work in a hostpital, with many other wondefully biazarre characters.
Dude lets watch scrubs!
Julie: This drug is the best one on the market. The only side effects are nausea, impotence and anal leakage.
Dr. Cox: And, I'm getting two out of three, just from having this conversation
Turk: You know, I never get chocolate cake.
Elliot: Oh, right, cause you're diabetic. Boo hoo. You know Turk, if you want sympathy, get a disease people can see
Carla: What if we have a son and he wants to dance?
Turk: He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind. Cause his friends don't dance and if they dont dance then they're no friends of mine, (music plays) (Turks goes off dancing the safety dance)”
The Todd: Dude, I hear they have laws that make women completely cover their bodies when they're out in public. The war in Irak. Try the war to see rack.”
TV show that made it my goal in life to become a doctor with a quirky, black, surgeon friend named Turk.
Guy 1: Dude, your totally racist, why does it have to be a black guy?
Guy 2: BECAUSE SCRUBS SAID SO!!
great show on nbc.has best charecter janitor
guy 1:you like scrubs? guy 2:no that show sucks! guy 1:we can't be freinds.
noun: That which is worn by nurses, med students and those in the medical profession both on and off the job, because they are comfortable, and because no one thinks twice about scrubs with zebra stripes and polka dots. Often seen at restaurants herding together between shifts.
"Wow, look at those polka dots and zebra stripes, those are designer scrubs"
"Really? Urbane Scrubs or Blue Sky Scrubs?"
"No, they're Uglieyass scrubs"
"I should get me some of those"
People who do necessary work but do not get paid very well for it: garbage collectors, hospital aides, housecleaners, retail cashiers, etc. Those who were raised in the comfort of middle-class suburbia are the biggest fans of pseudo-"street" hip-hop messages that confirm their already held feelings of superiority to those who are forced by social conditions to live the "authentic" "real" inner-city urban lifestyle, the real "street". Instead of focusing on economic and social conditions, this song allows the middle-class to feel morally and ultimately superior to the lower classes.
"I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me." (Which is actually a double negative, which if correctly read, actually means "A scrub is a guy that can get love from me". But apparently the lyricists are too illiterate to notice their grammatical errors).