Social Welfare/Security benefits, paid to unemployed persons. Also known as the Dole. Primarily Irish, but may have international usage.
I got laid off last week, so I just signed on to the scratcher.
word of the day: June 01, 2007
An untalented tattoo artist. A tattoo artist who scratches up your skin rather than applying a clean smooth looking tattoo.
Mannn those cats at body tattoo are scratchers.
An inexperienced, untalented, unclean and untrained tattooer. Though usually found working out of home kitchens, they have been known to find work in disreputable tattoo shops. The word "Scratcher" comes from the look of the, so called "tattoos", they produce. Looking more like colored scratchs, than recognizable images.
"Dang man, I got a tat-gun. I'll hook you up in my trailer for a case'a'bud" Phrase frequently used by scratchers
A tattoo artist who is untrained and usually can't tatoo worth a shit. They frequently place their clients health at risk by re-using needles, not sterilizing equipment, and not covering their machines.
"Wow, that tattoo looks all splotchy and blurred. You're artist is a fucking scratcher!"
1. bed, a place to sleep and have a wee fly scratch of various body parts
2.An untalented tattoo artist. A tattoo artist who scratches up your skin rather than applying a clean smooth looking tattoo
3. A loose woman/man. A person who is sexually active. this refers to the fact they might have an s.t.d. that causes you to scratch yourself
4. A lazy person who does not have a clue. Refering to the fact that they are that dumb and lazy that they just stand there scratching their heads
5. Normally refered to a bitchy girl who might scratch in a fight
1. See ya all later I'm off to ma scratcher
2. That doughball in the tatoo shop is a right scratcher
3. See that wee cow I went home with last night i think she's a right wee scratcher
4. That Stephen never got that wall built today! yeh he's right scratcher
5. Watch out for that Angie she's a right scatcher
An instant lottery ticket, sold everywhere. You scratch off the covering over numbers/symbols to see if the ticket wins any prizes.
It was a good night for Tom, 27 bucks in tips. He couldn't resist the instant lottery machine as he walked past, so he stuck in a 10 and bought five $2 scratchers.
Bed. Where one might sleep.
I need to hit the scratcher cuz I'm knackered.