A new trend that is a part of the San Francisco Bay Area Hyphy
Movement in which people ride their tricked out bikes and go stupid, dumb, retarded while on their bikes. Generally, the bikes have nice designs, such as duo-tone paint jobs, and rims or spinners. The term was coined by the rap group Trunk Boiz of Oakland, California.
Jerome: Me and my buds was on our scraper bikes picking up on girls. My scraper bike go hard, I don't need no car.
Tyrone: That go!
Jerome: We was ghost riding
Tyrone: That sounds like hella fun, bud.
Bikes that are nicely spray painted, and feature aluminum foil wrapped around sets of spokes, which result in the bikes appearing to have rims like a box chevy in the hood. Some people spray paint the aluminum foil to match the bikes color, or the exact opposite. Most jackasses that participate in this are only involved out of pure boredom, and are entertained with it for days to come.
(look up "scraper bike" on youtube)
More than one scraper bike.
Boi 1: You got yo scraper bike?
Boi 2: No, man, I got myself 2 scraper bikes!
An (unintentionally, I think) hilarious music video by the rap group Trunk Boiz. Both the song and the video are very low-budget - but this doesn't mean the 'Boiz are underground hip-hop; it's closer to Soulja Boi without funding.
Things to watch out for:
1. The vocals sound like they were recorded at midnight - almost all of them are in a loud whisper
2. The video appears to be shot on a hand-held camera.
3. The first verse contains the following rhyme: "I go stupid, dumb, 18 retarded/On my scraper bike lookin' hella retarded."
4. The rapper with the first verse is wearing a black-and-silver weed leaf hoodie.
5. One member of the group (dreaded and has a yellow-and-green hat that still has the tag) never sings in the video but simply does "the upright worm" dance.
6. In the last verse, one of them claims that because his bike has handlebars, he "doesn't
even need to steer," implying that the scraper bikes are, in fact, some bike/unicycle hybrid.
7. Throughout the video, the crew ride their bikes in traffic several times, oblivious to traffic. For unknown reasons, these clips were not edited and several shots show the weed-leaf-hoodie MC nearly getting hit by cars.
Pronounced "thcray-per bike"
A bike with the front wheel removed, so that the fork scrapes along the ground when the bike is ridden. A bike will typically end up this way if the owner only locks the front wheel and fails to secure the frame. This mode of transport is popular among young males in the London borough of Southwark.
Dave: My dad got me a new scraper bike.
Charlene (begins to walk clockwise): Scraping on my scraper bike, scraping on my scraper bike, etc
to skeet a mustard packet onto the face of an unsuspecting girl.
We were at McDonald's and Peter totally scraper biked Kristen.
word of the day: May 19, 2008
A relatively recent phenomenon from the Bay area (specifically Oakland) in which people modify bicycles to resemble (either functionally, aesthetically or philosophically) the famed "scrapers" of the hyphy movement.
Man, you see the homemade spinners on that scraper bike? Shit is tight!