Freedom of religion- they've disallowed any religious talk in schools
Freedom of speech/press- we can't talk in class without fear of horrible punishment
Freedom to assembly- we can't pick which school we go to without paying ridiculous amounts of money
Freedom to bear arms- you're not allowed any weapon or to go to a private school. We also can't pick our classrooms, etcpossible weapon on school property. While disallowing guns and blades is reasonable, they've been banning ridiculous things like butter knives, Nerf guns and needles
Freedom to be safe against searches and seizures- they search your backpack regularly, they confiscate your items and they inspect your body
Trial by jury- there's no jury at school. if you do ANYTHING that the teacher or schoolboard disagrees with, they can and will do cruel and unusual punishments (another right taken away)
Freedom to travel at home or abroad- we can't leave the classroom, we can't go to the bathroom as we please, we can't get up to get some water and we can't leave the campus
Right to our body- facial hair is banned, and some schools have a REALLY strict dress code
It also takes away basic human rights.
Right to sleep- sleeping in class is usually punishable by a week of detention
Right to eat- you have 2 times when you can eat: lunch and snack period (which is usually only 5 minutes)
...would someone like to explain to me...WHAT THE HELL THIS IS???
1. Curriculum: it is by the enforcement of curriculum that we can positively ensure your mental intake of information is kept in a rigid line. You will have no time to experience other things; even if you did you would feel guilty. “What a waist of space in my mind” You’d think.
2. Exams: It is by the continuous use of exams that we can ensure your self-esteem remains at an all-time low. Lower grades means lower respect. You will be called an idiot; you will have low chances in life. The alternative is to succumb to the weight of society, allow us to control your mind. It is easier this way. We promise.
3. Ritualistic mornings: This is the fun part! You now will have to awaken at early hours. Yes any chance of true restfulness is completely imposable. Do you ever walk into school and feel, for a split second, as though you are unconscious? That is how we want you to feel all the time. That is the point in early mornings.
4. Social humiliation: Yes, we didn’t plan this out. So don’t think we’ll take credit for it, yes this part is all thanks to you. It not only away chips away your self-esteem it also encourages hatred, which you will feel toward foreign nations later in life. We guarantee it.
5. Repetitiveness: It is by the continuous repetitiveness of your scholarly years that we can encourage a clockwork feeling within you.
6. Useless information: By presenting you with this information we can disallow independent thought. While you may begin to think for yourself your teacher, asking you to pay attention, will continually interrupt you. This is one of my favourites!
7. Obedience: Yes this is firmly set into the school world. Discipline, self-discipline, thought-discipline hell it’s all here! We take great pride in our ability to control you. Our shrill voices echoing down the corridor. Yes you needn’t ever feel safe, in or out of school. Be afraid, be very afraid.
8. Long term: This will last sometime; you probably won’t be able to remember a time you weren’t in school. No mode of comparison, excellent.
9. Holidays: We have carefully timed these so that they are long enough to maintain sanity but short enough to deter independent thought.
10. Work ethic: You cannot be a worker without work ethic.
We hope you enjoy your stay. Don’t try to escape, even if the gate is always open.
school is a canspiracy, man. whenever someone figures out whats going on, BAM! they have "problems" and need to see the "counselor"