Welcome, I am the Government. We have a plan for your future, kid. Society will lap you like a wolf laps blood.
1. Curriculum: it is by the enforcement of curriculum that we can positively ensure your mental intake of information is kept in a rigid line. You will have no time to experience other things; even if you did you would feel guilty. “What a waist of space in my mind” You’d think.
2. Exams: It is by the continuous use of exams that we can ensure your self-esteem remains at an all-time low. Lower grades means lower respect. You will be called an idiot; you will have low chances in life. The alternative is to succumb to the weight of society, allow us to control your mind. It is easier this way. We promise.
3. Ritualistic mornings: This is the fun part! You now will have to awaken at early hours. Yes any chance of true restfulness is completely imposable. Do you ever walk into school and feel, for a split second, as though you are unconscious? That is how we want you to feel all the time. That is the point in early mornings.
4. Social humiliation: Yes, we didn’t plan this out. So don’t think we’ll take credit for it, yes this part is all thanks to you. It not only away chips away your self-esteem it also encourages hatred, which you will feel toward foreign nations later in life. We guarantee it.
5. Repetitiveness: It is by the continuous repetitiveness of your scholarly years that we can encourage a clockwork feeling within you.
6. Useless information: By presenting you with this information we can disallow independent thought. While you may begin to think for yourself your teacher, asking you to pay attention, will continually interrupt you. This is one of my favourites!
7. Obedience: Yes this is firmly set into the school world. Discipline, self-discipline, thought-discipline hell it’s all here! We take great pride in our ability to control you. Our shrill voices echoing down the corridor. Yes you needn’t ever feel safe, in or out of school. Be afraid, be very afraid.
8. Long term: This will last sometime; you probably won’t be able to remember a time you weren’t in school. No mode of comparison, excellent.
9. Holidays: We have carefully timed these so that they are long enough to maintain sanity but short enough to deter independent thought.
10. Work ethic: You cannot be a worker without work ethic.
We hope you enjoy your stay. Don’t try to escape, even if the gate is always open.
You are free to do as we tell you.
A place where you are tortured and brainwashed
No please don't take me to school anywhere but there!
A place, supposedly for students to learn, that might be fun if the teachers used more creative methods, introduced a better atmosphere into the classroom and had respect for students and their ideas. Many teachers do this but many others, unfortunately, do not, making school merely a social forum/ social hellhole. Oddly enough, gifted education teachers seem to have classes that are easier to pass because it's more enjoyable and creative.
Teacher One: You get to choose which way to do this project.
Teacher Two: You're doing this project THIS way with THIS information because I said so!
to humiliate, to destroy
The F.G. schooled the Kill Squad.
The single worst place in the universe.
Where human rights are banished upon stepping into a room. You cannot sip water, eat, go to the toilet or have a fair trial. The place where we are beaten up, bullied, stolen from, forced to write until you have aches in our arms, where you cannot speak without fear of horrible punishment. Where if seven hours of solid work is not enough to impress a teacher, you are given two hours of homework.
AND, if the homework is incomplete, you are forced into detention for three hours, tearing up paper.
School is the only place that can get away with such universal cruelty. Oh, and apparently, education is too good to miss. BULLSHIT.
Typical school scene
Student: May I go to the toilet
Teacher: I've already told you you incolent fool
(5 mins later)
Student: Ive wet myself
Teacher: Well why dident you go to the toilet
Student: You said I couldent
Teacher: How DARE you question me!
two hours detention!
Teacher: Three hours
Two words: Hell hole.
I mean, come on! When in the hell will people just learn that no matter what they say kids don't give a shit?
School is a place to go if you want to find pot-heads, sluts, incredibly boring lectures that noone listens to anyway, the retarded, slow-witted beast known as the "principle", and any other form of shit that makes one's chlildhood less enjoyable.
Hell, my dad was thrown against a wall by a teacher, and got a concussion.
What the f*** is wrong with people that send their kids to scholl?
An institution originally noncompulsory, now a forced hellhole where otherwise reasonably intelligent people are forced to go for 14 years.
It instills in them a great hatred of what they otherwise would not despise; for example, many children who hate history don't actually hate the Civil War. They just hate that they're being forced to memorize names and dates. If they were left to their own devices, they would probably end up knowing the basics about the Civil War without having to spend pointless hours proving to some mindless beaurocrat that they know what they're talking about.
An institution that takes too long to not do enough. An institution that makes people believe that it is the only way anyone will ever learn anything or meet anyone. Apparently the real world and libraries and the Internet are not valid places of learning or places to socialize. Nope, you have to go with all the other inmates in an environment where you get no respect at all from dipshits with a special piece of paper that says they know how to humiliate you.
Pavlov's dogs, but teenagers.
A place where they're so freaking retarded they can't just make school noncompulsory. If it were noncompulsory, after a while everyone would get bored with playing video games and wander in to school to go to the chemistry lab where a chemist would show them how to do what they wanted to do.
A place where people assume you're incapable of just picking up Dickens on your own, so they have to fo...