Scene kids are fucking awesome!
A scene kid is a recent trend or style among teens spawned from a blend of the sub-genres punk and emo. A scene kid can be a boy or girl and generally tends to wear bright and often fluorescent colours and displays some of these typical scene kid attributes:
• Wears excessive makeup, most commonly bright eye liner and eye shadow
• Prefer going to parks then socializing in town or cinemas
• Guys BMX
• Girls wear clourful tight fit jeans, guys wear black skinny fit jeans
• They wear bandanas
• They wear band t-shirts
• Girls wear converse and guys wear high nike trainers or a skating brand such as Etnies or DC
• Some wear tight, brightly coloured nylon jackets
• Get offended when you call them an emo as they are often mistaken as one
• Use proper English and correct grammar when making text or comment on myspace
• When they think a guy/girl is hot they comment “sexy/hot much?”
• They hug whenever they see each other
• Get drunk often and go to numerous raves
• Adore glow sticks
• Constantly put an exclamation mark at the end of their sentences
• Use the smilies =], =) and never the traditional :)
• Use the (Y) symbol on sites which don’t support smiley’s
• They wear lots of accessories
• They wear hoodies, and bags with bright stars and crazy patterns
• They wear flat peak hats, tight black shirt and clothes intended for members of the opposite sex
• They like graffiti
• They like school
• Wear t-shirts with the word rave written on or make music, not war
• Pierce their face, most commonly in the lips or have large piercing in their ears
• Talk about how gangsta they are in a mocking way
• They class the bands they listen to in crazy genres eg. Psychedelic techno pop rock
• Has an obsession with either, anime, hello kitty, pokemon or spongebob square pants
• Boasts about how nerdy they think they are
• Wear white belts with big buckles
• Shop at TOPMAN/TOPSHOP, River Island and H&M
• Deny being a scene kid and complain about how labeling is so gay and others should not judge them. They often claim they are unique
• They have black or blonde choppy hair which is always straight and never symmetrical
• Have more than one colour in their hair. Eg blonde, red, or green if they think they’re really cool
• Tend to be vegetarian or vegan and boast about it
• Listen to nu rave, indie, hip hopsuch as Klaxons, Hadouken, Foals, Enter Shikari etc
• They listen to hip hop and advertise it to try and prove to everyone else they are not emo
• Try and distinguish themselves as being different because they claim to like bands they think other people their age don’t like like McFly or Busted
• Claim they listen to a lot more music then they do
• Say they love a certain band when they have only heard one of their songs
• Can be commonly seen at gigs
• Spends a great deal of their free time customizing their myspace, regularly adding new photoshopped pictures of themselves often in outrageous camera angles that don’t include their whole face.
• Other stereotypical pictures may include them making the shape of a heart with their hands or with writing on some part of their body saying something about love. Girls also take closeup pictures of their eyes with ridiculously complex patterns of makeup.
• Includes numerous quotes from films and music lyrics on their myspace to try and express their true feelings
• They favour Myspace to bebo
• Has over 500 friends on myspace and is desperate to have more constantly
• Pretends not to care about myspace
• They think they’re quirky and weird
• Claim/Pretend to care about animals and be part of PETA
• Girls wear polka dot clothes
• Love photography
• Have lots of sleepovers
Laura: I'm so not a scene kid, I'm just unique and your just a conforming asshole. I'm going to my friend Josie's sleepover in my brightly coloured clothes so we can get drunk on WKD an talk about how much we love hello kitty and Hadouken. Yeah anime FTW
Adam:Frickin Scene kid
Scene kids, like everyone else, follow trends
Most of the stuff people say is true and most of the 'scene' kids admit they try to be scene
They may go out and buy hundreds of dollars worth of clothes just to look scene
Most scene kids shop at Hot Topic
, Delia*s, and Journeys.
I see lots of scene kids every day, and this is usually what they have and how they look..
Scene girl must-haves:
-extentions (in case a guy hates short hair)
-black and light blonde hair
-black chipped nail polish
-bright colored bows
-clothes with stars/hearts on them
-fur trimmed jacket
-tight,destroyed designer jeans
-other scene chick friends
-hot scene boyfriend
-skimmers AKA doll shoes
-white studded belt hanging off the hips
-mispell their name on myspace. IE: Susie - Siouxsie
Scene boy must-haves:
-extremely choppy haircut
-black colored hair with blond or red
-tightly fitting shirts
-black or white studded belt
-tight jeans with boxers pulled up too high
-bandana in the back pocket
-lip ring/snake bites
In addition, they all have to go to lots and lots of local shows and hang out in their little
the ever popular "scene kid".
go on myspace and you will get real life examples of a countless amount. with enough pictures for your mind to blur with the same repetitive images of bad hair, horrible photography (that they perceive to be "artistic") taken from horrible angles, ugly hair clips, anorexic boys, fake girls, tight pants, and wayyy too much eyeliner.
scene kids can usually be found at the local mall, spending their rich white parents' money on things that are ever-so-"kewl" at the moment and will make them all the more hxc. they also flock to shows and concerts like a black person to a pack of menthols.
scene kids are under the impression that they are way cooler and better than anyone who is not "with the scene". the boys enjoy kissing each other for attention. the girls enjoy giving the attention. the boys whine too much, but then again.. so do the girls.
they use slang such as "kthx" "rawr" and other unoriginal lingo that i don't care enough to elaborate on. they find it amusing to poo-poo anything not in the scene. they find it ABSOLUTELY hilarious to make fun of anything ghetto/rap/gang related.
scene kids will do anything to fit in. they pretend not to care, even though we all know how much time they spend fixing their multicolored hair.
some advice for the scene kids; boys- eat something, stop wearing makeup, and PLEASE stop shopping in the girl's department. girls- suck up your insecurities, lay the concert tees to rest, and get a hair color that...
this is a note of clarity following the other "definitions"
its not becoming of a person to insult another based on silly "definitions" proposed by some small minded people.
some people take this way too seriously
Most of them are attention whores, mostly the girls. All Scene Queens post nudes, so this is a pretty bad reputation for scene style among parents and people that actually are intelligent. They normally dress in black and then in some sort of neon color, like green or pink. They ave an obsession for Dinosaurs, Unicorns and Invader Zim, and tend to think they are the shit, and tell you to not hate because it doesn't phase them, although it clearly does.
Their vocab consists of over excessive use of "fag" "bitch" "cunt" and "fuck", and over use one letter in a word, like "Suuuuupppz" or "Kewwwwlllll". If you wanna be scene kid, replace most "s"s with z's instead.
Also, make sure you're ribs protrude through your skin and your flesh hugs your bones. So, get a weight range of about 70 - 110 pounds. Or you're going to be a total fatass.
Scenes also tend to think they'll get alot of pussy or dick with the help of Jeffree Star and Dahvie Vanity.
A very well known scene kid is Jessi Slaughter, who is in fact, very well liked by Emos and Scenes alike. Why? I have no clue. She did insult emo king, Dahvie Vanity.
Random person: "Hey"
Scene kid: "ooommgggz go away you fckin faggg"
Random person: "Wtf, stop acting like a douche"
Scene kid: "dont hate cus i more better den u, bitch"
Scene girl 1: "omgzz did you liek, see invader zim? gir was so crunk nd awzome"
Scene girl 2: "yah ikr, hez liek my idol."
Scene girl 1: "RAWR!"
Scene girl 2: "RRAAWRRZ"
their first name is never Matt. they paint they're pants on. they usually have gauges in their ears the size of plates. they like to listen to screaming hardcore music. they also like to wear bands shirts. sometimes they are homosexual. you will often find a scene kid roaming around in odd places, like video game arcades and bathrooms. (most are seen taking pictures of themselves in public bathroom mirrors with cute little notes written on their hand, and they never smile)
A scene kid is a kid who dresses in bright colors and does a lot of annoying shit with their hair in order to fit in and look cool. They also listen to horrible, obnoxious music, and tend to think they're better than everyone else; not to mention they love attention and... "making a scene." They try their hardest to be a scenester
, but inevitably fail.
"Hey guys! How about we come back here tomorrow with our hair standing up as high as it'll go and just stand here looking cool while listening to the best music EVER, like Brokencyde and Attack Attack! We're sure to make a scene that way! After all, we ARE scene kids."
Scene Kids are winey, worrying, forever moaning morbid wankers, with no dress sense. They wear shitty rave colours and odd shoelaces to prove how fucking odd they are. Most of them are vegans 'cos they have a shit diet consisting of each other hairy balls.
Indie Kid 1: Check out that fucking scene wanker; Look at his shoes! ahaha.
Scene Kid: Hey Fuck off! What the fuck are you wearing?
Indie Kid 2: Please bore someone else with your pathetic questions and tell them to someone who actually cares, yeah goodluck finding someone.