metalhead: "Not really my thing."
metalhead: "I'm a big fan of Iron Maiden though."
Scene kid: "Eeew Iron Maiden is sooo old and gross, I hate them....arrgh!"
Metalhead: "Have you even heard them?"
Scene kid: "No."
-Tight pants or 3/4 pants (3/4's mostly camo)
-Likes techno and rap but also likes genres like screamo, hardcore and grindcore.
-theres many different hair styles:
spiked at the back and long fringe
flat hair, big fringe
Box/block fringe (straight across eyesbrows or eyes.) longer at the sides.
-has myspace, doesnt always have thousands of friends, but those who do join myspace trains (aesthetic perfection is popular these days)
-arent always gay or bisexual, some of them dislike gays/lesbians.
-hxc scene kids have many piercings, mostly septum, bridge and snakebites.
-Bring me the horizon, hadouken!, Jeffree star ectt = scene bands.
-wears nikes, vans or sometimes converse.
-Indie, emo and scene are all very similiar.
-talks in text language.
e.g: lol, lmfao, rofl, pmsl, wtf, omg ecttt
-kid scene kids get drunk on parks, fields, anywhere secluded. or if they're older they'll have got bored of drinking and get stoned instead.
-sometimes hate Fall out boy and mcr.
-Paramore are gathering a lot of scene fans.
everyone is individual in their own ways, even if they do all wear extensions, dye their hair many colours, wear tight jeans and wear eyeliner.
even though scene, emo and indie are kind of the same,
scene kids and indie kids seem to retaliate towards abuse,
whereas emos keep themselves to themselves.
Punk 2: isnt that JAMIEJACKOFF from myspace?
Punk: what the fuck?! lets go kick the shit out of him.
*fight breaks out*
a lot of scene kids are straight edge. that really is mostly because of this groups affiliation with original hardcore (which is where emo evolved from and emocore), which is bands like minor threat, bad brains, dead Kennedys, 7 seconds, etc. not everyone realizes what some in the 80s did with the whole straight edge thing, but oh well. some people just took it too far and killed people who drank, smoke, and/or did drugs.
now this is a little bit of a rant, but this is my opinion here:
what confuses me (first of all i'm too a scene kid, the girl pants, emohawk, all of it) is that scene kids get pissed when they get made fun of for being scene, especially when someone calls them emo. Now in my opinion, emo kids usually are preps or people from some other stereotyped group that is in the beggining stages of converting to scene. But when you look at it as a whole, THEY ARE SO CLOSELY RELATED, IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE WHY PEOPLE WOULD CONFUSE THE TWO. so don't get pissed off just because peopel are uneducated, unless they put themselves in that situation.
i won't say much more. other than scene kids usually know a ton about music, but they don't do much with it other then try to impress people with it. it's almost as if it's a contest of who can know more about music. oh well, i just like emo, indie, hardcore, spazzcore, metalcore, etc. just because it's not mainstreamed. fall out boy used to be scene, until they started focusing on the money and adding other people to their music. but that's another issue, selling out sucks.
As a scene kid, the idea is to be INDIVIDUAL
sooo giving ppl a load of rules is not gonna help them be scene...to be scene you basically need to be confident enough to have a go at different fashions. The bows in the hair are pretty common, along with junk jewelley and cassettes on like chord around ur neck. Invent your own rules. Don't give a shit what anyone else thinks of you because seriosuly if your happy then they can piss off!!
Most scene kids have long blonde or black hair? Right?
1: usually has a side fringe or full fringe
2: bright neon clours
3: random fashion
4: junk jewellery by the ton!!
5: bows...uber cute!!
6: converse, vans and all tht!
7: have friends in the scene as well, you can't be scene on your own!!
8: check out the new rave gigs, indie rock and bands nobody has really heard of!!
9: Individuality is the key i swear to you...so do what you want, its a pretty cool thing to follow as you can do wtf u want!!
and another thing, don't try and change overnight or you'll look like a pratt!!!
ohh and its a gd idea to get skinny jeans, especially coloured ones!!
Scene boys - Boys who also listen to emo/screamo music. They dress in girl's jeans, band t-shirts, and Converse Chuck Taylors. They're obsessed with Batman, Ninja Turtles, and Pokemon. They take their MySpace pictures at awkward angles. Their hair usually covers one of their eyes and is almost always black. Sometimes they will wear eyeliner and possibly eyeshadow.
Scene girl: I got my hair layered and cut all choppy today and I even dyed it black! Like, oh my God, I came home after that and watched the Ninja Turtle movie while wearing my new Emily the Strange polka dot t-shirt!
Scene boy: I was totally moshing at an underground show last night, and some guy ripped my new From First to Last shirt! I was so mad, I had to buy a Pokemon t-shirt to help me get over it. I almost cried all my eyeliner right off!
- Very long hair (extentions) or short hair. Always with bangs.
- Usually black, sometimes with blonde or caramel spots
- Goes to shows alot
- Likes unknown music and random techno music
- They like shirts with guns, stars or polka dot patterns
- Sexx bracelets, beads and headbands
- Knee High Socks
- Skirts with leggings
- Hair is emo-ish
- Black usually with blonde or neon colours
- Tight pants
- Usually in a band
- Wierd obsession with Power Rangers.
- Unknown music (hxc, screamo, ect.)
- Rainbow Suspenders (a new style here)
- Sometimes makes out with other boys to impress the girls.
- Hate poseurs and people who are new to the scene
- "&&" ";;" and constant chatspeak
- They will ignore you if you aren't the same as them
- Slip on Vans (checkered and hippos are big here)
- Bright mac make-up and lots of eyeliner
- Face Piercings
- Friendship bracelets
- Dora the Explorer, Barbie and Sponge Bob Backpacks
- Myspace with lots of scene friends
- They mostly all hate Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance
- They will try and earn scene points by doing things like walking instead of driving or being vegan.
- They usually have nicknames that only thier friends are allowed to use
- Hate being labeled emo and will beat you up if you call them emo
- Hardcore dances, or at least tries to
- Scenesters are hated by Goths and Preps
- They will say things are "The Sexx" ("Those shoes are the sexx!" or "She is totally the sexx!"P)
- Radd is used alot. They ocasionally will make up words with Radd in it (ex: Raddtastic)
- Radd is always spelled with two D's and Sexx is always spelled with two X's
- They like little kid books and they like to colour
- Some scensters are vegan and some are sXe (not all)
- They hate MTV (or in canada, much music)
- They like wierd animals such as Hippos, Elephants, Monkeys and Turtles
- Black Nailpolish
- They like Old School Nintendo
- They like "thug" or "ghetto" speak (Niggz, hommie, yo, ect.)
- Most of them think that they are orignal and you copied them
- They love hair straightners
- They love "things that go boom"
- They like to make animal noises, such as rawr, grr or meow
- Claim to be ugly, even though most aren't
Scene Girl 1: Woah your hair is totally fab!
Scene Girl 2: Yeah your hair makes me excited in the pants area. It's the sexx.
Scene Boy 1: No its so fugly I hate it! Are ya peeps goin to the show tonight?
Scene Girl 1: Of course! Do you think im hella dumb?
Scene Girl 2: I'm going too! I got new vans I wanna show off. They are Raddtastic!
Scene Boy 1: Want me to walk with chya?
Scene Girl 1: I was gunna get a ride, but walking is more scene.
Scene Girl 2: Scene Points!
Scene Girl 1: Now I'm scener then that biatch Chels!
Scene Boy 1: No she got that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt, she is so much more scene then you!
Scene Girl 1: OMG I hate her!