- Very long hair (extentions) or short hair. Always with bangs.
- Usually black, sometimes with blonde or caramel spots
- Goes to shows alot
- Likes unknown music and random techno music
- They like shirts with guns, stars or polka dot patterns
- Sexx bracelets, beads and headbands
- Knee High Socks
- Skirts with leggings
- Hair is emo-ish
- Black usually with blonde or neon colours
- Tight pants
- Usually in a band
- Wierd obsession with Power Rangers.
- Unknown music (hxc, screamo, ect.)
- Rainbow Suspenders (a new style here)
- Sometimes makes out with other boys to impress the girls.
- Hate poseurs and people who are new to the scene
- "&&" ";;" and constant chatspeak
- They will ignore you if you aren't the same as them
- Slip on Vans (checkered and hippos are big here) or ballet flats
- Bright mac make-up and lots of eyeliner
- Face Piercings
- Friendship bracelets
- Dora the Explorer, Barbie and Sponge Bob Backpacks
- Myspace with lots of scene friends
- They mostly all hate Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance
- They will try and earn scene points by doing things like walking instead of driving or being vegan.
- They usually have nicknames that only thier friends are allowed to use
- Hate being labeled emo and will beat you up if you call them emo
- Hardcore dances, or at least tries to
- Scenesters are hated by Goths and Preps
- They will say things are "The Sexx" ("Those shoes are the sexx!" or "She is totally the sexx!"P)
- Radd is used alot. They ocasionally will make up words with Radd in it (ex: Raddtastic)
- Radd is always spelled with two D's and Sexx is always spelled with two X's
- They like little kid books and they like to colour
- Some scensters are vegan and some are sXe (not all)
- They hate MTV (or in canada, much music)
- They like wierd animals such as Hippos, Elephants, Monkeys and Turtles
- Black Nailpolish
- They like Old School Nintendo
- They like "thug" or "ghetto" speak (Niggz, hommie, yo, ect.)
- Most of them think that they are orignal and you copied them
- They love hair straightners
- They love "things that go boom"
- They like to make animal noises, such as rawr, grr or meow
- Claim to be ugly, even though most aren't
Scene Kids Having a conversation:
Scene Girl 1: Woah your hair is totally fab!
Scene Girl 2: Yeah your hair makes me excited in the pants area. It's the sexx.
Scene Boy 1: No its so fugly I hate it! Are ya peeps goin to the show tonight?
Scene Girl 1: Of course! Do you think im hella dumb?
Scene Girl 2: I'm going too! I got new vans I wanna show off. They are Raddtastic!
Scene Boy 1: Want me to walk with chya?
Scene Girl 1: I was gunna get a ride, but walking is more scene.
Scene Girl 2: Scene Points!
Scene Girl 1: Now I'm scener then that biatch Chels!
Scene Boy 1: No she got that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt, she is so much more scene then you!
Scene Girl 1: OMG I hate her!
Typical Scene Chick:more...
-Choppy short hair.
-Usually black however blonde and lots of 'strange' colors are used to make themselves look 'unique.
-Bandana in hair.
-Bows are popular
-Heavy make up, usually around the eyes, sparkles are quite common.
-Fake moles have been spotted.
-Tries to pull of Vintage look
-Usually really hot. But, we haven't seen them with out make up so this is questionable.
-Dates only scene boys.
Typical Scene Boy:
-Long bangs usually covering eyes.
-Usually, black or different colors such as orange, red, blue, purple ect.
-Make up, usually centered around the eyes. Eye shadow, black usually pink or purple.
-Tight pants, extremely tight band shirt. Sometimes a too tight jacket.
-Usually DAMN sexy, however they do tend to be full of themselves and unfriendly to anyone they deem unworthy or not in the scene.
-Dates scene chicks. However may branch out to preps.
-Over 100 friends.
-Thinks they're not conformist.
-May or may not be straight edge
Scene kids usually go to local shows have extremly tight groups. They may be there for the music but usually they are there for the social time. Scene kids are usually very picky about who they talk to and associate with. If they deem you cool they may go up to you and talk to you and act a...
for the love of God, come on.more...
i mean, everyone makes fun of 'scene' kids or 'emo' kids for comforming to something that is supposed to be a symbol of non-comformity. You are all contradicting yourselves. Your saying that you want to hurt/kill/piss on?!? someone for the way they look? Has the human race honestly regressed that far back? take a look at movies like - mississippi burning, the pianist or to kill a mockingbird. Your acting the same way as the people in the movies. Your critisiing someone for their beliefs. I do not identify as 'emo' 'indie' or 'scene' but i do own vans slip ons, i do wear tight jeans, and i do listen to bands that the majourity of my classmates have not heard of. But just because my jeans are tighter than yours does not make me a lesser human being, or a 'fag' as you so delictaly put it. someone listens to obscure bands? Why the fuck do you care? get a FUCKING hobby. please. people who listen to unpopular music do so, for the most part, because music is a huge part of life for them, and seeing it slowly stripped down and sold for ratings waters down the concepts that the music originaly held. That is why they prefer to listen to bands that you dont know about, so that they DONT become like my chemicle romance, fall out boy, ect. If you still thnk that they are conforming, than think of this. People who go to AE or AF ae spending ALOT of money on the clothes they buy. Kids who go to vintage stores are buying cheap and for the most part really n...
scene kids? kids who know the music scene, sure they dress alike, but who doesnt these days? most chavs wear sports clothing, most goths wear black, but whos to say that wearing skinny-jeans and eyeliner is a bad thing?
everybody's different, different people belong to different cliques, different cliques follow different fashions...whats so wrong about that?
people have different ways of doing things, why cant that just be accepted?
everyone is a person, no matter what they dress like or how they wear their hair, scene kids or not
A 'scene kid' is a person who conforms to the current trends promoted by the punk/goth/emo/hardcore music genres in order to appear cool.
Has black Hair covering the face,wears eyeliner, eye shadow (sometimes and is usually pink)and has an ever increasing in size flesh tube/plug in the ear.
Usually has a lip piercing
Will wear a tight black t-shirt with a random band or band endorsed clothing label pictured on the front.
Adorns tight jeans, white belt with big buckle and either wearing converse or checked slip on shoes.
Has an obbession with guns and stars.
Attends many hardcore shows dances like a fool (if at all) and talks about obscure random bands which you will not know cos there cooler than you.
Kisses boys every now an then because scene girls like it.
Has thousands of myspace friends all of which are scene girls just to look cool and takes billions of pictures of themselves in tuff guy poses.
They also like tattoos and would get one if there rich mommy and daddy would let them.
Has dyed hair, Black/Blonde is a popular combination. Wears black eyeliner and coloured eyeshadow. Has the piercings pretty much the same as the scene boy the lip being the crucial one (the septum is also popular).
Adores leopard print tops or any animal print...
polka dots are also a trademark...
A bow in the hair is common...
Immatation pearl necklaces hanging from there necks...
And has the same interests as the scene boy.. stars, guns, myspace, hardcore shows, stupid hardcore dancing etc etc.
many of these deffinitions of "scene" kid are pretty dead on, but i beg to differ like any "sub culture" not all "scene" kids are jerks, etc
i think the backlash against these "jerk scene kids" has just resulted in the mainstream infiltrating the underground culture of what has become "scene" and so lots of "jocky boys" who just want sex and "holla back girls" who just want sex have latched on to it...
there are quite a few nice perfectly respectable people that are "scene"
people who are scene looking and follow the ideals without all the negativity...duh
Someone who is expressing themselves through the music they listen to and make and the clothes they wear.
So what if all scene kids dress the same! All the emos dress the same all the goths dress the same all the moshers dress the same EVERYONE DRESSES THE SAME! When you walk down the fucking street and see something someones wearing that you like you buy something like it its not copying its just gathering ideas you retards! so fuck if scene kids listen to music noones every heard of who gives a shit if they like it what fucking matters.
Stylish man or woman, deriving from an "Emo Kid".
But unlike "Emo Kids" Scene Kids normally wear the complimentary colors or they do go with a smiliar style to the Emo fashion.
Scene kids are not "gay" as some people claim.
It is a style, not a oreintation.
They normally wear scarves, or bandanas in their back pocket.
They also have a very technical hairstyle with two or more different colors.
Sometimes, they are more morbid then "Emo Kids" but normally they are "brighter".
Scene kids are sometimes self-absorbed.
But that does not mean they all are.
Scene kids are also known as, Fashion Kids.
Scene Kids are not gay just anti-mainstream.