Today the name is used by rapper Brad Jordan, member of the Geto Boys. Subsequently the 1983 movie has also inspired many rappers, rap songs, TV shows, and a Playstation game. Many quotes are also used in mass media today, notably the ending and the dinner scene.
2. "Scarface" was a movie that came out in 1932 which was loosely made around Al Capone's persona.
3. "Scarface" was a remake of the 1932 movie which was made in 1983. By the critics, it was a flop originally, but financially did very well. It now enjoys critical acclaim by today's critics and inspires many other entertainment venues.
4. Scarface is a Houston area rapper, member of the Geto Boys. He is known as "Your rapper's favorite rapper." He has many albums out but isn't widely known due to low radio and TV play. He is nevertheless a very influential rapper.
5. South Park's "Medicinal Fried Chicken" and The Boondock's "The Fund Raiser" both have elements of Scarface (1983) in their plot. South Park's Cartman has a subplot in the "Medicinal Fried Chicken" episode where he relives the Scarface movie based on trafficking KFC. Likewise Boondock's Riley sells candy bars and goes from rags to riches in the same manner as Tony from Scarface. This episode went as far as having a desk with nothing but candy bars in one of his rooms.
2) 1983 movie starring Al Pacino about a cuban refugee who comes to america and works his way up the criminal ladder. A lively and entertaining movie loved by poor imigrants, sorry, gangstas. Spawned many great catchphrases and appears in every rappers dvd collection on MTV Cribs.
Although old, it is a major, major cult classic these days. Boasting kick-ass music, an interesting storyline, and the infamous catchphrase "say hello to my lil friend!", at this rate Scarface will continue to please all viewers for generations to come (I would know; I know LOTS of people my age, even those much younger than me, who enjoy the movie a lot, and enjoy the catchphrase).
-Tony, with an M16 equipped with an M203 GL
"That's disgusting; look like a fawkin' lizard man."
-Tony, after seeing Manny do that tongue trick
"You need people like me so you can point your fawkin' fingers and say that's the bad guy!"
-Tony, at the restaurant, probably influenced by coke