The term "Scarface" at first showed up as a nick name for Al Capone
, infamous prohibition gangster. It was used originally as a movie title in 1932 which was loosely based on Al Capone's character. The movie was considered an instant hit back in 1932. In 1983 there was another "Scarface" movie made which was a remake of the 1932 original except in the 1983 version depicts a Cuban
Refugee from the Mariel boat lift
. This version was critically panned but nevertheless spectacular. As the years passed by, the 1983 version of the movie Scarface found a cult following. It is now considered a successful movie and usually compared to The Godfather
movies, which both feature Al Pacino
Today the name is used by rapper Brad Jordan, member of the Geto Boys
. Subsequently the 1983 movie has also inspired many rappers, rap songs, TV shows, and a Playstation
game. Many quotes are also used in mass media today, notably the ending and the dinner scene.
1. Al "Scarface" Capone went to jail for tax evasion, leading to his fall. He died later due to a stroke.
2. "Scarface" was a movie that came out in 1932 which was loosely made around Al Capone's persona.
3. "Scarface" was a remake of the 1932 movie which was made in 1983. By the critics, it was a flop originally, but financially did very well. It now enjoys critical acclaim by today's critics and inspires many other entertainment venues.
4. Scarface is a Houston area rapper, member of the Geto Boys. He is known as "Your rapper's favorite rapper." He has many albums out but isn't widely known due to low radio and TV play. He is nevertheless a very influential rapper.
5. South Park's "Medicinal Fried Chicken" and The Boondock's "The Fund Raiser" both have elements of Scarface (1983) in their plot. South Park's Cartman has a subplot in the "Medicinal Fried Chicken" episode where he relives the Scarface movie based on trafficking KFC. Likewise Boondock's Riley sells candy bars and goes from rags to riches in the same manner as Tony from Scarface. This episode went as far as having a desk with nothing but candy bars in one of his rooms.
The best movie ever, Starring Al Pacino
as Tony Montana
with his freind Manny. They try to make it big, but it backfires and Tony gets caught up in some bad shit..
"This town like a great big pussy just waitin to get fucked." - Tony Montana
1) Nickname of infamous mobster Al Capone
2) 1983 movie starring Al Pacino
about a cuban refugee who comes to america and works his way up the criminal ladder. A lively and entertaining movie loved by poor imigrants, sorry, gangsta
s. Spawned many great catchphrases and appears in every rappers dvd collection on MTV Cribs
Say hello to mah little friend!
All I have in this world is my balls in my word and I don't break'em for no one
One of the best and one of the most underrated movies of all time. Al Pacino should have been nominated for Best Actor because his performance was brilliant.
Scarface is a very violent movie.
Brilliant film that is one of Al Pacino's finest moments. Scarface tells the story of ruthless, foul-mouthed Cuban exile Tony Montana (Pacino). Arriving in Miami alongside thousands of Cuban immigrants during the 1980 Mariel Harbour boatlift, Montana rapidly begins to climb the ranks of the local cocaine cartel. After a long cycle of blood, profanity, spitting, and extreme violence, Tony makes it all the way to the top, but his drug-addled paranoia (a result of 'getting high on his own supply') proves to be his downfall.
See it if you already haven't. An absolute classic.
AL Pacino as Tony Montana. 'Nuff said.
"What do you have coming to you?"
"The world, Chico. And everything in it."
A movie released in the early 80's, perhaps around '83. Starring Al Pacino.
Although old, it is a major, major cult classic these days. Boasting kick-ass music, an interesting storyline, and the infamous catchphrase "say hello to my lil friend!", at this rate Scarface will continue to please all viewers for generations to come (I would know; I know LOTS of people my age, even those much younger than me, who enjoy the movie a lot, and enjoy the catchphrase).
"Say hello to my lil friend!"
-Tony, with an M16 equipped with an M203 GL
"That's disgusting; look like a fawkin' lizard man."
-Tony, after seeing Manny do that tongue trick
"You need people like me so you can point your fawkin' fingers and say that's the bad guy!"
-Tony, at the restaurant, probably influenced by coke