1) There is a large population of state workers here. It’s the city’s biggest industry.
2) There are cows. Just go to Rio Linda or Elk Grove. You’ll see them.
3) There aren’t any real ghettos or very affluent areas. South Sac and Oak Park are poor, but not Compton-level ghetto. The Pocket is rich, but not Beverly Hills rich. This makes Sacramento fairly homogeneous in social class.
4) Sacramento is boring to people who have experienced the nightlife of a city that actually has culture. The second Saturday art walks, music scene, and Cesar Chavez Park concerts aren’t really that great.
5) UC Davis is a superior school to CSUS. Better funding, better programs, more rigorous courses. CSUS is easy, but not academically challenging.
6) The weather isn’t that good. It’s either very hot or very rainy/cold. The cool autumn weather only lasts a few weeks.
7) There’s never snow, but that’s just another thing that sucks about Sacramento, cuz snow is fun.
2. One of the fastest growing cities in the US. Population to grow 4 million by the year 2020.
3. Home of the Kings of the NBA.
Me: You're a fucking moron. You have never been to Sac and know nothing about it so shut the fuck up.
Sac-Town was cited by Time Magazine as the most integrated city in the United States. The 2005-2007 census shows the population of The City of Trees to be 53% White, 16.1% Black, and 19.3% Asian. In addition, 24.8% of the population were Latino or Hispanic of any race.
The 91sickness is not part of the bay area, as the weather gets much hotter here, but we do get fucking hyphy.
The American River runs through Sac, creating spots for fishing, swimming, and drunken college partying.
Sacramento's basketball team is the
who have had a long-standing showdown with the Los Angeles Lakers
Sac is a mayor center of art and music, with museums and great local bands often playing at downtown venues.
Sacramento was ranked 38th in a list of the most populated US cities.
Jim:"Isn't that full of cows and gangsters?"
Figure.10: *laughs* "we're way cooler than that, dude!"
Sacramento is only boring to people who don't leave their fucking houses to actually experience what the hell's going on. And no, there's not only drinking and "lame-ass" bars to go to. There's second Saturday art walks downtown, Lipstick for those in the indie/underground music scene, AWESOME live shows at the Memorial and Crest, Taco Tuesdays!, not to mention Friday night in Chavez Park during the summer (Deftones played a free show there last summer). The suburbs suck ass where there's not much to do, but even in light of that there are still hella chill places to frequent in small pockets all over town (Shakers in Citrus Heights, Stingers in Arden, Stockman's in Fair Oaks, Brickworks in Oak Park, etc.). The music scene is kick-ass with all of the great local bands and hip-hop artists as well as major and indie label musicians that creep through town.
In spite of popular opinion, the only university in town, CSUS, is NOT inferior to UC Davis (sorry, we don't have drunken sorority sluts that like to show their shit off on MTV). This school just happens to actually be affordable to those of us who aren't dependent on our parent's money to pay for a higher education. UC Davis is only cool if you're studying science or fucking cows. For every other field that's actually applicable to the workforce CSUS is a MUCH better and relevant school.
The weather is ridiculous if you're not used to valley weather because you've never lived there. No it doesn't snow, why the fuck would it when it's based in the valley?! The weather's pretty decent most of the year (it is in Cali afterall), but July and August are ridiculous b/c it gets over 100 and January and February are pretty cold, but not that cold in comparison to the rest of the world (it doesn't even drop below 30!).