A terrible place to live.
and here is why:
1. Downtown sucks my ass
2. Our homeless problem has spread to our suburbs and is swiftly becoming a national joke
3. We have a Triple-A baseball team whose mascot is called "dinger."
4. Our NBA franchise, our lone major sports team, can't win the big one, has seen its' best years pass it by, and is itching to move to Las Vegas.
5. There are no real restaurants anywhere within 100 miles of here.
6. Our idea of a landmark is the downtown bridge. Gorgeous.
7. When people ask for recommendations of things to do in Sacramento, there are only two possible answers:
1. Long pause, followed by "See the capitol building!"
2. Tell them to keep driving until they get to San Francisco
8. We host the State Fair… a haven for hill people and white trash
9. Frisbee golf is considered acceptable recreation here.
10. The biggest sports debate in this town is which of the football teams, located 100 miles away from here, is your favorite.
11. Our fans at basketball games ring cow bells.
12. There is no freeway linking the two fastest growing counties (el Dorado and Placer). There are no plans for such a freeway. The roads that do connect the two (Sunrise and Hazel) are ALWAYS under construction.
13. The only time our city makes national news, it's negative. Think "Fire Department scandal."
14. Our idea of "great shopping," is a strip mall that has a "Barnes and Knoble," AND an "Old Navy." Classy.
15. We are surrounded by such lovely smaller cities as Lodi, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield and Vacaville.
16. Our city's slogan is the "City of Trees." Not the city of lights, city by the bay or city that never sleeps…the city of trees. Wow, how utterly horticultural.
17. Most people move to California for the scenery, weather, culture, leisure activities and mind-set. We have none of that. People began the influx into Sacramento 10 years for one reason; it was cheap. Now we don't even have that.
18. Our city's nicknames are queer. Los Angeles is the "city of angels" (the only people in the nation that call it "la-la land" are jealous people from northern California). New Orleans is "the big easy." Chicago is "chi(shy)-town." What are we? "Sac"... you know, as in "ball sack."
19. Our second greatest landmark, after the bridge, is the river. The brown, disgusting river that homeless guys defecate in daily.
20. Of all of the major metropolitan areas in America, we have, hands down, the worst, most pathetic, most embarrassing airport in the nation. I will cede that it is trying to catch up now, but it has a long way to go.
21. We actually set up a tennis stadium in a mall parking lot... and we think it's perfectly ok to do so.
22. Actor Timothy Busfield is our most famous hometown celebrity.
23. Our official city flower is the "oleander."
24. People here think Granite Bay is where the rich and powerful live. Have you EVER been to Beverly Hills, La Jolla, Sausalito, or Long Island?
25. Our biggest agricultural claim to fame is…rice. Yes, flooded fields of rice.
26. Our zoo is crappy. It takes 37 minutes to walk the entire thing.
27. The only place to get a great steak in this town is at a chain restaurant.
28. Our hotels are horrible
29. the people here are terrible, bitchy people.
30. when returning to sacramento from a trip, you get the feeling of bitchyness while entering the city.
"Have you ever been to sacramento?"
"ya, i would rather live in hell!"
The Capital of California. Any moron who thinks that there's nothing here but agricultural areas has obviously passed judgement before even visiting here. I've lived here my whole life and I ain't ever seen no livestock up in here! why does everyone call it cowtown for? i've never seen any cows here! sactown is underated- it has an awesome nightlife and plenty of other things to do, plus it has a small town feel despite its big city size cuz ppo are more friendly here than in most large cities. and no, sacramento is not in virginia, unless there's a tiny town there by that name that isn't on the map. stop hatin on the kings cuz if ya ask me the lakers suck more!
sacramento is a kick ass city!
a normal city that is really under-rated. people call it cow-town yet in reality i have never seen a cow here before. people think it s small and the people are weird but it actually has many suburbs and communities, just as big or bigger than other fairly sized cities, about the same as San Diego or Portland or Orlando, etc. They also have an NBA team that everyone hates yet this year they actually made it much farther than the team everyone loves, the Lakers. It is predjudiced too much and you should come live here for a while before you criticize it you cheap bastards. LA is gay. Im out
Sacramento is not a cow town. Neither is it small.
Definition: Not to be confused with DAVIS!!!!!!evil monkey has never been to Sacramento. Ghost Town? What the hell is that? There is as much in Sacramento and its surrounding areas as there is in San Diego or L.A. There are tons of clubs, bars, better restaurants, and everybody is moving here. I just moved from San Diego. There is crazy traffic, and no ghosts. Wow, evil monkey must travel here a lot.
Hot Cities in United States
1.The capital city of California.
2. One of the fastest growing cities in the US. Population to grow 4 million by the year 2020.
3. Home of the Kings of the NBA.
Sactown hater: Sacramento sucks. it's a cowtown.
Me: You're a fucking moron. You have never been to Sac and know nothing about it so shut the fuck up.
Sacramento is a really nice place to live. I just moved here couple of years ago from Philly and love this place. People who think this is a small city, they're dead wrong. From Elk Grove to Auburn, Greater Sacramento area will amaze you. Greater Sacramento (Sacramento County, Placer County, Yolo County, El dorado county) is fuckin huge!!! The suburbs, Roseville, Granite Bay, Rocklin etc, are a great place to raise your kids with nice schools. People here really love the Kings, and you wont know what i mean untill you actually go to a game. The weather is nice all year long. There's plenty to for entertainment: Clubs, bars... the whole nine yards. In another 20 years, this metro will be the envy of A LOT of other cities. Ignore all these other idiots here just hating.
Sacramento is fuckin awesome.
Sacramento is the capital, that's right the capital of California. It is a big city, with an amazing downtown area, a nice suburban area, a notorious ghetto area, and yes, beautiful farmland with livestock such as cows.
Sac-Town was cited by Time Magazine as the most integrated city in the United States. The 2005-2007 census shows the population of The City of Trees to be 53% White, 16.1% Black, and 19.3% Asian. In addition, 24.8% of the population were Latino or Hispanic of any race.
The 91sickness is not part of the bay area, as the weather gets much hotter here, but we do get fucking hyphy.
The American River runs through Sac, creating spots for fishing, swimming, and drunken college partying.
Sacramento's basketball team is the
who have had a long-standing showdown with the Los Angeles Lakers
Sac is a mayor center of art and music, with museums and great local bands often playing at downtown venues.
Sacramento was ranked 38th in a list of the most populated US cities.
Jim: "So where are you from?"
Jim:"Isn't that full of cows and gangsters?"
Figure.10: *laughs* "we're way cooler than that, dude!"
In contrast to all of the negative hype regarding Sac, Sacramento is NOT small, ethnically and culturally restricted, full of only state government workers (although it IS the state capital, what do you expect??), absent of any "real" ghettos (just visit South Sac or Oak Park), or devoid of any "real" affluent areas ($5 million+ for homes in Fab 40s, downtown and Greenhaven). The downtown area is fucking crazy right now with all the redevelopment geared towards new lofts/housing, new bars/clubs (Empire, The Park), new offices (that are not government-related I might add), etc.more...
Sacramento is only boring to people who don't leave their fucking houses to actually experience what the hell's going on. And no, there's not only drinking and "lame-ass" bars to go to. There's second Saturday art walks downtown, Lipstick for those in the indie/underground music scene, AWESOME live shows at the Memorial and Crest, Taco Tuesdays!, not to mention Friday night in Chavez Park during the summer (Deftones played a free show there last summer). The suburbs suck ass where there's not much to do, but even in light of that there are still hella chill places to frequent in small pockets all over town (Shakers in Citrus Heights, Stingers in Arden, Stockman's in Fair Oaks, Brickworks in Oak Park, etc.). The music scene is kick-ass with all of the great local bands and hip-hop artists as well a...