A manga series by Nobuhiro Watsuki. Was made into a television show in 1997, and brought to America soon afterwards. This series follows Kenshin Himura, a former assassin who fought in the Bakumatsu, also known as the Meiji Revolution. "Trust" and "Betrayal" take place during the Bakumatsu, around 1868. The TV show spans from 1878-1879. Note that this is not the Feudal Period, this is the Meiji Period. There is also a movie (Requiem for an Ishin Patriot) and a final chapter, called "Seisouhen" or "Relfection." Very awsome.
Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu...RYU KAN SEN-TSUMUJI!!
Kenshin Himura, formerly known as "Hitokiri Battousai" the man slayer, is a wanderer with a dark past and sunny disposition. Not a ronin but a rurouni, he was never a samurai, but a well known assassin of utmost skill in the Meiji restoration, who in the turning point of the war simply walked away, and took an oath to never kill again as an act of retribution for the many men he murdered during the revolution. He then begins to carry a reversed-blade sword (Sakabatou) and protect the innocent/oppressed people of Japan. His travels lead him to Tokyo in the 11th year of the Meiji era, where he befriends a female Kendo master (Kaoru Kamiya), a former thief from a family of Samurai (Yahiko Myojin), a brawler/former Sekihotai member (Sanosuke Sagara) and a doctor (Megumi Takani) all with their own secrets. Together they fight off the enemies surfacing from the dark past that Kenshin cannot escape.
Rurouni Kenshin started airing in the U.S. on Cartoon Network's Toonami on March 17, 2003. There are a total of 95 episodes along with a four part OVA series called Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal which serves as a prequel to Rurouni Kenshin.
1. A totally rad manga by Nobuhiro Watsuki and was originally featured in JUMP comics. It eventually became a CD book in Japan and then became a super tight anime series which is way better to watch uncut.
2. The main character in Rurouni Kenshin (a.k.a. Samurai X
who's full name is Kenshin Himura (or Himura Kenshin, depending on where you're from). Rurouni means "wanderer" and the name Kenshin is derived from the Japanese word "henshin" which means "change of heart."
Did you get the new Rurouni Kenshin manga?
1) Rurouni Kenshin, one of the most amazing mangas ever written. Published in 1992 by Nohiburo Watsuki (i believe that's how it is spelled) by the weekly shonen jump as a short story. Then in 1994, it appeared as a regular series. It stars a 28 year old man named Himura Kenshin. Also known as the battosai (not battousai, that's just an idiot misspelling) who killed hundreds of people during the bakamatsu. Now weilding a sakabato (reversed blade sword), the unbeatable Hiten Mitserugi Ryu, and a vow not to kill this man, once stained by the path of blood, embarks on an incredibly detailed adventure of redemtion. During which, he makes many friends, such as Kamiya Kaoru, Sagara Sanosuke, Myojin Yahiko, and others.
2) A Manga that encompasses nearly every aspect of greatness. Of which include; spectacular battles, emotion, humor, and romantic comedy.
3) an incredibly accurate representation of the Japanese Culture in the mid 1800's.
4) Rurouni: n, Wanderer, vagabond
Ruro Ken RULES!!! now, i am taking up space so that i may publish this definition because of the 20 letter limit which i already passed.
Cool anime that describes the story of an ex-assasin. Realizing the mistake that he did, he has now has chosen the life of a Ronin (masterless samurai) and helps and protects the weak with the technique known as Hiten Mitsurugi.
But during his Ronin life the shadows of his bloody past haunt him, making Battousai engage in fierce battles with the old and new enemies.
Sanosuke and saitou are badasses
Kenshin trips too much ( but hes ok)
and Kaoru is extremely Do able
goodness. need I say more!? just look at my pen name for goodness sake! This one is a keeper. And it is really kosher. and funny, and smart, and action packed and...
...has kenshin, has kaoru, has sano, has yahiko (...ehhhh...anyway), has swords, has history, has culture, has class, has Hiko Seijirou XIII....you get the idea.
Best anime ever made. A great anime about a funny guy named Rurouni Kenshin. BEST seen not on Cartton Network because it doesn't show it better than regular Japanese anime version. (he says oro funnier) Kenshin is cute and he is sometimes serious but also funny. Hate the last movie...he he he...*sobs* d-d-d-dies!! WAAHHH!!
@_@x <<kenshin wen oro-ing
^_^x <<typical kenshin smile
-_-x" <<kenshin sweatdropping