|1.||Romance of the Three Kingdoms|
Also known as "San Guo Yian Yi". A historical novel written by Luo Guanzhong. The setting of the story is based on the 3 kingdoms era. The 3 kingdoms were know as "Wei, Shu, and Wu". While Romance of the three kingdoms focuses more in to the "Shu" side (Liu Bei's side), and tends to fictionalize and fantasize them. 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' also views Liu Bei's enemy, Cao Cao, as a ruthless, evil tyrant. The novel also weakened and looked down many non-Shu characters as well
Most of the characters are historical characters from 3 kingdoms, but most of the "historical events" are fake. I'll point out the significant events
- Burning Cao Cao's ships in Red Cliff WAS NOT Zhuge Liang's idea, IT WAS all Zhou Yu's Idea
- Borrowing arrows with scarecrows and summoning eastern wind by Zhuge Liang is simply fictional
- Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei ARE NOT sworn brothers
- Zhuge Liang was more credited as a politican instead of a "military strategist"
- Zhou Yu was never jealous of Zhuge Liang, AT ALL, he died due to sever illness instead of getting pissed to death
- Guan Yu did not kill Wen Chou and Hua Xiong, Hua Xiong got killed by Sun Jian's forces while Wen Chou got killed by Cao Cao's forces
- Liu Bei DID owe JinZhou to Wu, Zhou Yu conquered the whole JinZhou after The Battle of Red Cliff AND lend it to Liu Bei
- Diao Chan is simply a fictional character, the murder of Dong Zhuo was planned by Wang Yun and Lu Bu
anyway here are the significant ones, i can list more...-_-
Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a great novel indeed. But I recommend you to read it as a FICTION, not a HISTORY BOOK. And plus if you know the 3 kingdom history well you will find this novel pretty biased.
if you want to know more about 3 kingdoms history, read "san guo zi"